Chapter 5

Hi guys! I hope you're enjoying the story so far if you are or have any feedback, I'd love to hear it! I've never done this before so I'd be happy to know how I'm doing :P I'm going to be updating as often as I can, hopefully a new chapter atleast once a week. 
ENJOY :) 

Tony's P.O.V

There was the sound of metal gently shifting to our left, Bruce and I both jumped, I was so startled I nearly dropped the chocolate bar out of my outstretched hand; my eyes quickly jumping to the source of the sound. 

"Oh the chain, I'd forgotten," muttered Bruce.

Even though Bruce had continued looking I couldn't pull my eyes away from that chain. It was so huge for such a tiny person. We had to get this kid out of here. 

With a heightened sense of purpose, I stepped out into the darkness, holding my bait of chocolate out as far as my arm could reach. And I called out to her, "Callie, we're not here to hurt you. See? I have a candy bar for you." 

The chain started rustling and began to slacken, quickly gaining a sharper and sharper angle. Before I knew it the chain was curved straight above my head, and suddenly there she was--hanging like a bat, defying gravity, staring directly into my eyes with her half swollen one. The other was bloody and swollen shut, it looked freshly beaten, worse than it had in Fury's video if that's even possible. 

I jumped back, startled by her sudden appearance. She held out her hand to take the candy bar and I made an instinctive decision, withdrawing the desired treat. 

I stepped back and said, "you have to come down to get it." 

Her left brow furrowed, her head tilting quizzically. She shrugged, curling back up to the ceiling, and placed her left hand on the roof, just then I noticed how her right arm hung as if it was unusable, broken. 

For a moment I worried that she was going to crawl away, but then she released her feet, hanging solely from her left hand. Then she let go, landing in a crouch. Callie started to stand and then collapsed onto the floor; instinctively I reached out to help her, grabbing her arm. Her head snapped up to look at me, her face was full of terror, I quickly let go realizing that I had made a mistake. She began scootching herself backward as fast as she could, quickly becoming enveloped in darkness once again. 

"Shit," I whispered, looking back at Bruce. 

"Here, let me try," he said, taking the chocolate bar, he stepped forward and sat down crossed legged on the cement floor.