Chapter 66

Steve P.O.V

We've just finished with dinner when someone knocks at the back door.

"That's weird, who would knock?" Bruce muses as he moves to open it.

"Oh, it's my friend Sam," I say, springing past him to open it myself.

I let him in and he laughs and shakes my hand, "Rogers, nice to see you. Wow, look at the greeting party, I've never felt so important."

"Oh, yeah, we just finished dinner," I chuckle, "but this is everybody," I proceed to introduce everyone and he shakes hands with each person until finally, I snatch up Callie who has been hiding behind her Dad since the stranger entered the room.

"And this is Tony's little girl," I grin and kiss her, she grabs onto my neck and hides her face in my collarbone, "Callie, this is Uncle's friend Sam."

"And what's your name, little lady?" Sam whispers, angling himself so she can see him.

"What's your name?" I murmur into her hair and she turns to Sam, her eyes flashing blue.

"Wow, what was that?" Sam asks.

"She's just checking you out, making sure she can trust you," I explain.

"Callie Maria Stark," she interrupts.

"Good job baby," Tony chuckles and Callie scowls at him.

"Not baby, just Callie."

"Okay then, just Callie," he smirks.

Sam takes her hand and shakes it, "nice to meet you, Miss Callie."

She smiles and wriggles free from me and runs to the fridge, "Uncle, i-cweam?"

"Uh, sure. Sam, do you want ice cream with your beer?" I ask with a laugh as I open the freezer.

Sam cracks up but nods. "Yeah definitely."

"What kind of beer do you want, Sam?" Tony asks, "I'll grab some from the lounge."

"I like a dark beer if you've got it."

"Yeah for sure, anyone else want one?"

Everyone gives a resounding yes and then Tony pauses and winks at me. "You're not old enough for a beer, Stevie."

"Oh shut up, Tony."

"Wait, you're not even 21?" Sam laughs in disbelief.

"No, I will be in a few months," my cheeks flush in humiliation and I glare at Tony.

"I was just teasing, bud. I'll grab you one."

"Thanks," I roll my eyes at his back as he leaves the room. I finish scooping Callie's sugar-free ice cream into a plastic bowl and place it on the table, "here baby."

Callie glowers at me and stomps her foot, "I not baby."

"You're my baby," I chuckle.

Suddenly she runs up to me and rears back a fist, slamming it towards my crotch.

"Callie, what are you doing?" I gasp as I shield myself with my hands.

"Damn, she's mad at you," Sam snickers, and I suppose to an outsider her angry face and small tantrum might seem cute, but she's never tried to hit me before.