Chapter 64

Steve P.O.V

"Calm down buddy, it's okay, she's okay, you're okay," Tony says, he'd ushered me into his room while he put the baby in her bed, and has now returned to find me pacing around in a panic.

"Everyone saw my boner Tony," I scream at him, "and Callie thinks I hate her! How is it okay?"

"Steven, listen, just go cuddle with the baby. She'll realize you aren't angry. And as for your hard-on? We all saw it last night so... don't worry about it, " he chuckles and the last part makes my blood run cold. My mind goes back to waking up to Thor's fist wrapped painfully tight around my penis, and I'm horrified that there may have been more to the story.

"What do you mean, everyone saw my penis? What do you mean by that?" I clamp onto his hand, clutching it to my chest.

"You got a boner when you were cuddled up with me on the couch so Thor carried you to bed, but when he picked you up everyone could see it, like, teepeeing," Tony explains and, although I know I should be humiliated, I'm flooded with relief.

"Oh okay," I nod. I haven't told Tony about Thor yet, I'm scared of what Thor would do to me if he found out I told anyone. Last night I just crawled into bed with Tony and Callie and he cuddled me until I fell asleep, we didn't even talk, he just held me.

"Okay, go hold the baby now. Everything will be fine, " he says, kissing my forehead, I nod and leave his room and open the door next to it.

Callie is sitting on her bed, her teddy and blanket clutched against her chest, and her face slick with tears. She looks up at me, trembling from crying. "Uncle mad at Callie." She draws in a shaky breath and then howls over heaving sobs, "I so sad."

I shake my head and sit down on the bed. "No baby, Uncle's not mad. I was just embarrassed." Her devastated little face pierces my heart, I pull her onto my lap and the resistance I feel nearly shatters it.

"Uncle not hate Callie?"

"No Callie, no. I love you so much!" She melts into my arms then, and we both begin to sob.

After a minute she grabs my face in her pudgy little hands. "I love Uncle."

"I love you too," I whisper and she kisses my lips for the second time today.

"Uncle sad," she says, her voice raspy as she wipes the tears off my cheeks.

"I'm only sad cause you are sad, you goof," I growl, tickling her.

"Why embarrassed?" She asks, her brow furrowed.

It takes me a minute to remember I'd told her that and she begins to pat my cheeks impatiently. "Well, I was embarrassed because I didn't want Auntie to see my penis," I admit.

"Why? You see Auntie's booboos," Callie shrugs.

"Yes, but Callie, Auntie was embarrassed too. You're not allowed to open up people's clothes." She wrinkles her brow at me, so I try again. "Callie, no one is allowed to look at, or touch, your naked body unless you want them to. I don't want Auntie to see my penis, if I did I'd show it to her myself, you're not allowed to pull Uncle's pants down." I find myself flushing at the thought of Natasha's bare breasts, the way they tumbled out of her robe.

"But Uncle likes Aunties booboos," Callie says, interrupting my daydreaming.

"Uh, yeah," I stammer, "but that doesn't mean Auntie has to show them to me."

Callie squints at me and purses her lips. Perhaps this concept is just too difficult for her to understand. I mean if you like something why shouldn't you be able to see it?