Chapter 42

TRIGGER WARNING:

Strong themes of child abuse.

(possibly I need to do this more frequently? I just really want to be realistic in what child abuse is really like as I myself have experienced some. If that is uncomfortable for you you can skip this chapter.)
I also wanted to acknowledge the fact that I've started writing Callie as much younger behaving than I had at the beginning. I plan to go change the first few chapters because I'm unhappy with how... old and fluent she was LOL.

Tony P

Tony P.O.V

Clint's family is visiting today and I'm honestly not in a great mood. Callie didn't sleep well, which was just the icing on the cake to an extraordinarily rough day, she had woken up grumpy and had thrown tumultuous tantrums all day. She then had nightmares off and on all night, so I'm laying in bed, trying to recover some of my lost sleep.

I hear a soft exclamation of interest so I squint open my eyes to see the contents of my dresser dumped out in a pile on the floor, and her squeezing out a tube of toothpaste onto said clothing.

"Callie, what the hell are you doing?" I shout, sitting up abruptly.

She jumps, looking up at me with her wide, startled eyes. Sensing my anger, she throws the toothpaste at me and it smacks me in the face, she then runs from the room on all fours like a wild animal.

I jump out of bed to take chase, and see her arch up the wall and around the corner. "Stop that fucking kid!" I holler, if I catch her I'm going to spank her I swear.

I come into the kitchen to see Thor trying to corner her but she races up to the arched ceilings, crawling above his head. He jumps and the tips of his fingers brush her baggy pajama shirt, she smirks at him, her eyes glowing that unearthly blue.

"Callie, come down now!" I growl, thrusting my finger at the ground, as if that would make a difference.

"You need to listen to Daddy little one," Thor says, pulling a chair over for extra height.

She shakes her head no, and hunkers against the roof, refusing to come down.

"Goddamnit kid, get in my room and clean up that mess, I know you can!"

"Tony, what the hell?" Steve comes in and Callie dashes across the ceiling, dropping into his arms.

"She squeezed toothpaste all over my clothes," I tell him, my voice verging on shouting.

"Callie that's not alright," he tells her and she sticks out her bottom lip.

"Sorry Dada, I liked the squishy." She says squirming in Steve's arms.

"Callie, you made a mess of all of my clothes," I hiss, the desire to punish her still strong.

"She said sorry,"Steve insists, "can you go clean it up?" She nods so he puts her down and she scurries away.