Chapter 44

I hope you're all still enjoying the story! Your votes and comments are really appreciated!

Are you liking the Gifs? Or should I not bother?

Laura P.O.V

Clint has run after Steve so I turn to Bruce and Natasha, "I thought Tony was the Daddy?"

"He is," Nat whispers, "I know it's hard to tell sometimes."

"But Steve seems so involved!"

"I know, isn't he precious with her? He's so freaking sweet!" Bruce clears his throat and glares at his girlfriend but Nat just rolls her eyes at him.

"It is so cute, is he actually still single? I can hardly believe that!" I whisper, "he's already adorable as it is, and seeing him with Callie, just oh my god." 

"I know, he's a sweetheart."

"Oh, why don't you tell her how big he is now?" Bruce sputters standing and leaving the room.

"Oh Bruce don't be ridiculous!" Nat calls after him, turning to me and raising her eyebrows, "he is though."

"Wait what?" I laugh, patting the baby's bottom.

She leans forward, lowering her voice, gossip-ready "He walked in on me naked awhile ago, instant boner. So that's all I've seen of it but... yeah." She presses her lips together awkwardly smirking.

"That is really, really, really awkward, oh my god."

"Yep." She raises her eyebrows and turns to watch the kids playing. "He is single though, and other than when he's with Callie, he is lonely and really sad."

"Oh, poor kid." Clint sits down beside me and a few seconds later Banner and Thor rejoin us.

Bruce looks slightly offended but Natasha places a hand on his thigh and leans into him, he grins sheepishly and wraps an arm around her shoulders.

"So, what's up with Tony? That was really, uh, intense." Clint says, taking the baby from me.

"That was ridiculous." Thor mutters, clearly still disgruntled. "She can't help it, and then to spank her for it, it's not okay."

"He's having a really hard time with everything that happened with Pepper. Also, parenting I think is harder than he thought," Bruce says defensively.

"I'm sorry, I know you guys are close, but it was a little out of line." Clint says, grimacing.

"I know it was," Bruce sighs, and then he lowers his voice, glancing at Tony's bedroom door periodically, "I've told him a million times he can't spank her, the fact that she had a huge meltdown after is no surprise. Thank god Steve grabbed her before he could spank her again."

Steve walks down the hallway, child free, and I keep finding my eyes travelling down to the zipper on his jeans. I blush and shake my head, none of my business, I turn to my husband and kiss him softly on the lips making him smile.