Chapter 40

Clint P

Clint P.O.V

I'm laying on the floor with my son Cooper building LEGOS when Natasha calls me, "do these pages on your own okay buddy? I just have to take this phone call," he nods, ruffling through the blocks.

I stand up and go into the master bedroom, "hey Nat, what up?" I say.

"Clint, what up? You're such a dork," she laughs, "I actually have a favour to ask."

"Okay, is something wrong?"

"Not with me, it's actually about Callie, Tony's new little girl?"

"Oh yeah! I've actually been wanting to come meet the little rug rat, " I laugh, "what's wrong?"

"Well, she's pretty sweet, fairly well behaved but pretty hyperactive. But honestly, none of that is really the issue. Callie hasn't been able to connect with other kids, they tried today and it didn't go well..." she proceeds to tell me about some incident at the park.

"Jesus, what the hell is wrong with people? She's just a little kid," I say, the thought of my children being treated that way makes my blood boil.

"Right? Anyway, I thought you and Laura should bring the kids for a visit, let the kids have a play date," she says cautiously, "I know you haven't been open about even having a family, but Clint honestly, none of us have any experience with kids, Tony especially. We need help!" She laughs at the end, and I can hear the pleading in her voice.

"Okay, I'll just have to talk to Laura, you know with the new baby and all, but I feel like she'll be up for it." I tell her I'll get back to her and then we say goodbye.

I find my wife reclined on the sofa, nursing our newborn son. I kneel beside her, placing my hand over his tiny little head, "isn't he tiny and precious." She says, her eyes tearful, post natal emotions are always a rollercoaster as she likes to tell me.

"He is so precious." I agree, kissing his warm little head. "So Nat just called." I say, and explain our conversation.

She sits quietly for a moment and then sighs, "okay, let's do it. A little girl like that needs all the love she can get, also, I've always wanted to meet your work friends." She chuckles, pressing her lips against mine.

"Alright, I'll text Nat and arrange a time." I smile at her lovingly. "God you're amazing."

"What why?" She smirks at me mischievously.

"Because, you just had a baby, and you're willing to help with someone else's baby. And never mind the fact that you manage the house and two older kiddos, you're just fucking amazing." I kiss her again.

"You're pretty amazing yourself Hawkeye." She mumbles.

I pull out my phone to text Nat, but it suddenly starts to ring and Nick Fury's number appears on the screen, "well shit." I mutter, showing Laura my phone and she groans.