Chapter 43

Clint P

Clint P.O.V

After a fairly uneventful drive we pull up to the Avengers Facility, the car erupting in 'oohs and aahs' causing me to suddenly remember that my family has never been here before.

I park in front of the kitchen entrance, there is a large front entrance but it is mainly used for conferences, or training personnel, basically anything that professionally attains to the Avengers.

"Okay kids, Daddy is going to go in first to make sure everything is alright before I bring you guys in." I unbuckle my seatbelt and find Laura doing the same.

"I'm coming too, Lila and Cooper you can either sit in the car or play on the front lawn there, but you can't go past the driveway." My wife says, climbing out of the vehicle and retrieving the car seat from the back, Nathaniel still comfortably buckled inside.

"Alright," I chuckle, following my wife up the front steps to the door.

I see her raise a fist about to knock and I burst out laughing, "don't bother." I brush past her, taking the heavy car seat from her hand and stride into the kitchen.

"Oh hey Clint!" Natasha says, she's sitting at the table with a cup of tea, clearly waiting for us. "Are the kids outside."

"Yeah, we wanted to make sure everything was good in here before they came in." Laura says, embracing her.

"For sure! Do you want to come meet Callie before they come in? It might help her to have a slow introduction." Nat says, standing and then striding over to me and taking the car seat, "I'll just take my namesake out..." she grins, kneeling down to retrieve Nathaniel.

Once she has the baby cradled in her arms and has sufficiently gushed about how sweet he is, she leads us out and towards the living room. "Everyone is in here."

We come into the room and sure enough Bruce is sitting in the love seat, Steve has claimed an armchair that he is perching on the edge of, watching over Callie who is laying on the rug beside Thor with a pile of action figures.

"Where's Tony?" I ask, pulling everyone's attention to myself.

"Right here," his voice comes from behind us, "hey Laura nice to meet you." He shakes my wife's hand and then my own.

"Nice to meet you," Laura says, then turns to watch the little girl. "She's so cute Tony, how old is she?"

"We think she's 5, but we don't actually know..."

"Five?" Laura interrupts aghast, "she can't be five, she is two or three at most!"

Tony shifts uncomfortably, "n-no Fury said she was 3 to 5..."

Steve looks up, making eye contact, "five is easier to stomach, well, everything, than two or three." He says and then smiles, "hi I'm Steve, nice to meet you." He stands and shakes Laura's hand, the movement draws Callie's attention and she gets to her feet, looking at the newcomer inquisitively.