Chapter 55

Tony P

Tony P.O.V

Steve passes out in the back seat shortly after I lashed out at him, I turn to look at him, his hood up, blond hair peeking out from under it, with his cheek resting in his palm. I sigh and turn to Thor, "he's actually kind of cute isn't he?"

Thor glances in the mirror and nods with a small smile.

"I feel like shit for making him cry," I admit, "I just don't get why he wouldn't tell me."

"It's not totally your fault, I was giving him a hard time too." Thor winces, "I didn't understand why he was lying about it. He actually let her touch him though, I didn't think he would after the girls in the bar."

"Yeah, they weren't being very nice though, they could tell he was uncomfortable and kept doing it," I sigh.

"Yes, the one kept grabbing his crotch, that's why I finally pulled him away."

"She did? What the hell, that's not really okay..."

"Well you slept with them so... congratulations." Thor scowls.

"Hey man, I was desperate! That's the first time in months I've gotten laid, and other than the one time with Pepper, which was only to manipulate me, I haven't had sex since I we got Callie!"

Thor barks out a laugh, "yep, that's rough. Though Stevie there has never gotten any so you're a little better off than him."

"He's only 20, also he has no idea what he's missing." I roll my eyes at him.

"I guess 20 is a fairly reasonable age to lose your virginity," Thor muses and I nod in agreement.

"Though I was, like, 14," I laugh.

"Yeah same!" Thor snickers, and then says more slowly, "I thought we weren't supposed to get Callie until Sunday?"

"Yeah, Steve was so upset when I took her initially that I changed my mind on that one. And honestly the drama from yesterday morning, I couldn't handle him sneaking around the house trying to find things to jack off to." I chuckle.

Thor shrugs and flicks some music on so we spend the rest of the drive in silence.

We arrive at the Barton's and Thor parks and hops out of the car, "I have to piss so I'm going to let you wake up the boy."

I nod and clamber out behind him, my head splitting with the motion. "Fuck," I groan, grasping my forehead. I decide to leave Steve sleeping for a minute while I get some Tylenol, then I'll have the baby run out and surprise him, he'll like that.

I stumble into the house, "hey Clint, my head is killing me, I need a Tylenol." I call, slipping off my shoes.

"Oh hey Tony, here I'll help you." Laura comes out of the kitchen drying her hands. She beckons me in so I follow and she hands me a glass and two small tablets.

"You're a fucking life saver, thank you!" I kiss her cheek and swallow the pills down hastily.

She hugs me back, "can't swear around our kids hon," she reminds me with a wink.

"Right sorry, I forgot." I grimace.

I turn at the sound of Clint's voice, "Tony, hi! Thor's in the bathroom, said you and Steve were coming in, where is the boy, I wanted to show him our new Nerf gun." Clint grins eagerly at me, holding up a large plastic rifle.

"You are not going to shoot him Clint, I told you already." Laura hisses at her husband.

I laugh, "I won't get in the way, but you'll probably make him cry, he's super weepy right now."

"Poor baby, no, you're not shooting that poor boy."

"What Mama don't know, won't hurt her," Clint winks at me, pulling back the release of the gun with a click.

"He's in the car sleeping," I whisper to Clint. "I was going to get Callie to go wake him up."

"Oh, c'mon, let me please!"

I sigh, "let me grab the kid first, one second."

"Yeah, for sure bud, she's up in Cooper's room. One second," he turns his head and hollers up the stairs," Callie, Daddy's here!"

There's a cacophony of rumbling as tiny feet run down to the first floor, "Daddy!" A little voice squeals, I turn around to see my baby running towards me, arms wide and a wild grin on her face.

"Hi baby girl!" I pick her up and kiss her cheeks, rubbing my bristly chin on her neck making her giggle.

"You came back!"

"Yes I did, I told you didn't I?" She nods eagerly and squishes her nose against mine.

"Uncle?"

"Uncle is in the car sleeping, want to go wake him up?" I ask her and she nods happily.

"You guys will stay for lunch?" Clint asks over his shoulder, as we walk out to the car.

"Yes of course!" I reply, hugging my baby tight.

The silhouette of Steve sleeping against the car window comes into view and I start to feel guilty, "hey Clint buddy, maybe you shouldn't."

"Ssh, it will be fine, this one won't hurt as badly, just shock him a little." He winks at me and slowly opens the door.

Cap's eyes blink open, squinting against the sun, "huh?"

"Good morning sunshine," Clint purrs and aims the gun low, pulling the trigger several times.

The bullets are fast, much faster than I'd thought they'd be, and they connect with a resounding pop!

Steve let's out a throaty groan, "what the hell! Oh my god!" He slumps over and begins to fall out of the vehicle, so Clint catches him and slowly pulls him out of the car, helping him sit back against it.

"Uncle!" Callie screams, beginning to cry as she frantically wriggles in my arms, reaching for Steve. I release her and she runs and jumps into his lap, and then turns a venomous scowl to Clint, eyes icy cold and his gun whips backwards, smoking him in the nose with a crack!

"Oh fuck!" Clint yelps, pinching the bridge of his nose as it oozes blood.

"Serves you right," I shrug and then say to Steve, "I told him not to do it."

"I'm going to get you back one of these days," Cap breaths, one hand holding his balls, the other wrapped around his niece.

"Don't bother, Callie's got your back." Clint chuckles, his voice nasally from the blood pouring from his nostrils.

"Mhmm," Steve rubs his face against Callie's cheek, "you do don't you." She nods and kisses him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I missed you, did you miss Uncle?" She nods again, snuggling against him.

"I love Uncle," she whispers and he says it back, the smile on his face the most genuine I've seen in days.