Chapter 45

Steve P

Steve P.O.V

I'm woken up by the warm lump of Callie being removed from my chest. I grope around with my hands trying to find her when someone chuckles in my ear making my eyes spring open.

"You fell asleep Steven," Thor's low voice croons.

"Oh my god! No," I gasp, jumping up from my seat. "I forgot, dammit! When?"

"You passed out before the 30-minute mark. So that means you're getting shot three times. Go get changed," Clint says, the grin on his face makes my stomach churn. 

I slowly stand, "should I wear boxers?"

"No, don't bother," Clint shakes his head, grabs my shoulders and walks me to my room, "get changed, trunks only, I'll check," he shoves me through the door and leans against the wall outside.

I grab my trunks and run into the bathroom to change, I then put on a new show for Clint's kids and then come out, holding out my arms sassily, "I'm ready."

"Uh-huh," he looks down the hall before grabbing the waistband of my shorts and pulling to create a slight opening.

"Clint," I hiss, but he ignores me.

He leans forward, glancing down and nods satisfied, "okay, let's go!"

On our way outside we run into Tony who squeezes my shoulder, "Callie is sleeping. Are you nervous?"

"I wasn't until everyone started acting like I was off to war."

Tony laughs, and then in a serious tone, says, "I'm sorry about this morning, I was being an asshole."

"Yeah you were," I shrug, "but it's okay, I know it's frustrating."

"Well she didn't sleep all night, then I woke up to the toothpaste thing... and honestly, it's really hard seeing her with normal kids because she's just... not."

Clint pauses and turns to face us, "listen, Callie might need to see a child physiologist. She's traumatized, the way she behaves is normal. And also, Lila instigated half of it, she was being a little shit," he raises his eyebrows at Tony, daring him to disagree, "all kids can be assholes. And Callie might be more frustrating because she seems delayed, but Laura and I both think she looks like she's closer to three than five, if she's three the delay isn't as serious."

Tony sighs, "I'd just rather pretend she's five."

"That's insane, but you do you." Clint laughs, and I shrug at Tony.

We come out onto the lawn and Laura is standing beside Nat with the baby, Thor is holding a bow and three arrows, waving them above his head in triumph, but it's Bruce that draws my attention most. He keeps glancing at the Nerf weapon and pacing back and forth.

"What's wrong with Bruce, is this dangerous? Am I going to lose my penis?" I stammer, the nerves setting in full throttle.

"No, your penis will be fine, it will just be sore tomorrow... I think," Clint winks at me.