Chapter 35

Welcome back! We had a resounding YES to continuing this story, I am really excited! I'll be continuing Callie's childhood here, and her teenhood in 'I Was Never Yours' I hope you all enjoy!

Tony P.O.V

I'm standing in my empty living room, the last few pieces of furniture have been loaded into the jet and I'm surveying the house one last time before we leave it for good. I lean on my crutch, satisfied that nothing seems to have been missed.

Callie is running around howling with laughter while Thor chases a few steps behind, giggling like an oversized child. I sigh, a little irritated, it's hard to be sentimental when you can't hear yourself think.

"Ready to go?" Cap comes in, "the guys packed everything up, so we're good when you are." He says, looking around at the empty room.

"I'm just trying to have a fucking moment and they won't shut up." I growl, feeling extra ornery because my broken leg is starting to ache.

"You should be glad Stark, he's kept her happy literally all day." Steve rolls his eyes at me.

"Yes but he fed her gummy bears to do it and now she's hysterical!" I retort, hobbling towards the door.

"It will be fine, the running around usually helps sort it out, if she's still wild when we get home I'll take her in the pool or something." He says, helping me with the door. "Thor we're leaving!" He calls, beckoning at the blonde man who promptly scoops up the child, tickling her ribs as he joins us.

"Ah, stop!" She giggles, "I can't breathe Uncle!" She grasps at his big fingers, but her little hand can only hold two of them at a time.

"Alright I'll stop." He chuckles, swinging her onto his back where she clings like a koala, burying her face in his hair.

We all climb up the steps into the plane, Steve turns to me, "did you have enough of a moment or do you want to go back in alone?" He looks amused at my sentimentality.

"No I'm okay," I sigh, checking that Callie is buckled in properly, most kids her age would be in a booster seat by now, but she's so tiny from years of abuse and neglect she still has to be in a 4-point harness. Of course, normally on an airplane a child would usually sit in a regular seat, but we installed the car seat because she's just so hyper it's nice to have her locked in one place.

"I want to sit with you Dada!" Callie whines, thrashing her legs against the seat in front of her, the gummy bears racing through her body like cocaine.

"Maybe after we take off okay baby?" I say, causing her to thrash harder.

"No now!" She yells, fumbling with the child locks on her seat.

I turn a glaring eye to Thor, "thank you for this." I gesture at the tantruming, escape artist hopeful.

"Sorry, it kept her happy while we were at the house." He grimaces apologetically.