Chapter 71

Steve P.O.V

Tony is gently pushing my shoulder and I squint my eyes open. They feel heavy and I rub them with the heels of my palms, yawning. The doors are open. Clint and Laura and the kids are all out of the vehicle. Bruce and Natasha are just extricating themselves. Callie is snoring in her car seat, lips damp and pouty. I sit up and stroke the baby's hair, something falls to my feet--a blanket. The thought of someone placing a blanket over me is oddly touching and I fold it. "Are we there?"

"We're at the mall." He whispers in my ear and I jolt as he pokes my penis. "Fix that before you come out, please."

Cheeks burning, I shove my hand down my pants and adjust myself against my belly. I let my fingers drag up the underside of my erection, and shiver. The tip is wet, I've been hard for awhile, it seems, though I can't remember what I was dreaming about.

"Dude, stop playing with yourself." I hadn't realized Thor was still in the car.

"I'm not."

He rolls his eyes, smirking. "I can see the head of your dick. You were touching it."

I pull my shirt over the object in question. "I didn't know you were here." Then, face burning. "It doesn't fit in my pants."

"Uhuh. Whatever."

"Shut up."

"Yeah, yell at me. Let Tony hear you."

I clamp my mouth shut and wipe my hands on my jeans before gently wedging them under the baby.

"You're going to touch her with your penis hands?"

"I was just putting it up. I'll wash my hands inside."

"Thor, leave him alone," Bruce's head comes into view through the door. "Come on, boys. Everyone is waiting."

Thor shoves past me and ruffles my hair. "I'm just messing with him." If I could get away with it, I'd trip him up, but instead I try to fix my hair, pick up Callie, and follow everyone out.

Laura smiles when I emerge and holds a thick piece of fabric with looping straps out to me. "I got you something."

"What is that?" I ask, shifting Callie to my left arm so I can touch it.

"It's a baby carrier." She grins at me as if I should know what that is.

"He has no idea what you're talking about, Babe." Clint laughs and takes the item, holding it open. "Here, hold Callie against your chest, like, hold her bum, legs open like a frog."

I do as he says, she sighs but stays asleep. He puts the bulk of the fabric over her. A thick strap wraps around my hips and clips together at my back. I suck in a breath as it rubs against my erection.

Clint leans into my ear. "It will keep it up tight and no one will be able to see the outline of the head through your t-shirt." My face burns as he puts my arms through the two looping straps which buckle between my shoulder blades. "Now, you can hold her without actually holding her," he says loud enough for everyone to hear, stepping back to survey his work.

The baby sleeps on, nestled into my chest. It feels secure. I test it by opening one arm, then the other. This is a huge game changer. I look up grinning and tell them so.

Tony rolls his eyes. "You look like a mom."

"No. He looks sexy. Good dads are hot," Natasha says. I know she's just saying it to shut him up, but my chest swells anyway.

I hug Laura. "Thank you. I love this. It will make things a lot easier."

She kisses my cheek. "We just had an extra one, but you're welcome. It's nice to have your hands free even when they're being clingy."