Chapter 37

Tony P

Tony P.O.V

Around 7am I feel a soft poking in my cheek. I moan and squint an eye open. Callie is laying beside me, her stormy grey eyes staring back at me quizzically, and when she sees me wake she grins.

"Daddy wake?" She whispers, her voice raspy.

"Is it morning already?" I ask, opening my eyes fully and realizing I fell asleep in her bed, I must have passed out while putting her down last night.

She nods eagerly while grabbing my hand, slides out of the bed, and hangs for a moment before plopping on to her bottom on the carpet. I sit up groggily rubbing the sleep from my eyes and reach out for my crutch, pulling myself to standing. I've got to see if Bruce will take this damn cast off me today.

"Dada come," she whines and pulls at my hand.

"I'm up, just slow down. I have to piss first." She groans and stomps a foot impatiently, "why don't you go see if Uncle is awake." I often use the word 'uncle' non-specifically, this way she can go find whoever she fancies.

She lets go of my hand and ponders for a minute before racing off and leaving me to my business, which now takes much longer with having to balance on a crutch and take a pee one handed.

I hear Callie's muffled conversation with Thor travelling in from the hallway, "where's Daddy?" He asks happily.

"Taking a piss." She gives each word dramatized enunciation so it sounds like 3 little sentences.

He attempts to correct her but the laughter bubbling through nullifies any illusion of parenting. I find myself laughing with him until the sound drifts away out of earshot.

I finish up, shake off and cram myself back into my boxers and sweats one handed, then I hobble out, following the sound of chatter to the kitchen.

Steve is eating Cheerios at the table and Thor has Callie on his shoulders while he cooks oatmeal. She has her hands wrapped around his jaw, her cheek resting on his head. I grab myself a coffee from the freshly brewed pot and limp over to the table.

"Morning Steven," I say rubbing my palm into his bed head, as I sit down beside him.

"Just Steve." He mumbles, rolling his eyes at me.

Natasha walks in wearing a navy bathrobe followed closely by Bruce. Callie starts squirming on Thor's back, reaching down for her Auntie.

"Hi baby girl," Nat says, standing on tiptoe to retrieve Callie. Steve looks up, watching the interaction closely, his spoon frozen mid bite. He's chewing on his bottom lip, his eyes stuck on Nat like a hawk, I tilt my head in confusion, this is unusual behaviour for him.

Callie is stroking Natasha's bathrobe, "cozy," she says tugging on it and then gazing between the folds of fabric, "Auntie, naked?" She asks, pulling at the robe, causing the woman's decency to be momentarily at risk, but she quickly tightens the fabric again.