"So do you want to talk about work or go with the flow on conversations." he breaks the silence. And smiles. Wow, he's got a charming smile. I haven't seen it before. Resembles Joes a bit. But it doesn't compare.

"Anything other than work," I insisted, rubbing my hands on my thighs. I hope this isn't the getting to know you stage.

"So tell me, do you feel weird sitting here having dinner with me?" he asks as he was sensing my being a bit uncomfortable. Great! Is it that obvious?

"No, why? I lie as I tilt my head.

"You've been hard on me; I don't think we got off on the same page," He admits. I chuckled and smiled, which felt good since everything that happened in London, I haven't been myself lately. And our drinks arrive right on time. He lays our drinks on the table and takes our order as we order two more drinks with it.

"No, I'm sorry, I've just been busy and under pressure since you have started. We needed tonight to bring it to a better path," I say, and as I try not to have to much eye contact with him, in case he can see right through me.

"Yes, I think your right. I can understand the frustration of having to work with someone new when you've managed to do so well on your own," Brian says, playing with the rim of the wine glass. My stomach dropped. That's what Joe does when he's got something interesting on his mind. And he's giving me compliments on me doing so well at work. I'm so lost here.

"I guess" I turn my head and stare out the restaurant. I feel so bad; I don't want to be here. Why do I find myself comparing the little things he says or does to Joe.

"So how was London?" he says, trying to keep a conversation going. Poor guy.

"Let me guess, news travel fast at work on where I went?" I smile at him not giving anything away. That felt good, smiling at him. It wasn't so bad.

"I think we know, Anna can't keep her mouth shut," he says as he grins, and we laugh.

"Great minds think alike."

"They do," and right there, right when I was starting to enjoy my time here at dinner. I glance behind Brian and see Joe walking through the restaurant, as the hostess guides them to be seated. I can't help but stare. He's with the same two older gentlemen, and right by his side, Crystal. 

My body goes completely numb. I'm watching how close Crystal is to Joe. And yet, I can't scream. I know he's been with her this week. The smile on her face says it all. He's never even tried calling. Why can't I seem to get them out of my head? I hate this jealousy. What were the odds of him coming here tonight? My heart is in my throat, and my nerves just hit the roof. 

How can I ask Brian if we can get up and leave? We just ordered food and another round of drinks. Please, Lord, help me. 

"Is everything ok?" he asks, worried. I'm flushed. And just like that, our food arrives. I'm now sick to my stomach. I look up at the waiter. I want to tell him to take it back, but I can't. He lays my plate in front of me and then Brians. I stare at the food.

"Yes-I went out into space." Looking at my plate, stunned. I glance up at Brian.

"Are you sure, it looks like you saw a ghost," he whispers.

I did see a ghost; it was Joe, the one who broke my heart. I need to tell brian we need to go. How can I enjoy our dinner, when the man who I'm crazy about is sitting at the corner end of the restaurant. Alix-Calm down.

My heart broke when he left me standing there, with no reason why he even left. We argued, yes, but he just left, He left me there with an unknown feeling.