I'm not a princess pt.4

We walk back into the castle. Everyone was still talking and dancing. I saw emerson stare into the balcony. "What's wrong?" I ask. He gestures to the thrones. Up there I see Sebastian with his feet dangling off the arm of the throne. He's glaring at us. I dismiss him and head to the dance floor with Emerson.

After a few minutes the music stops and out attention is directed towards the front of the room. I see Stephanie looking regal and proper. Much better and important than me.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for attending tonights ball. While I called you here for a simple party I also have an exciting announcement. I am stepping down from ruling our lovely kingdom." Everyone in the room gasps.

"As suspected my oldest son would rule the land." A smirk is plastered on his stupid face. "But that's not the case. I have decided to let my most loyal,caring, responsible,and mature son lead us into the upcoming year. My son, prince Emerson and his maiden, y/n. Which reminds me. Emerson has a very important important question he needs to ask someone very special". He nods and stands center stage. Taking me with him."thank you all for coming out tonight. While this night is about all of you wonderful people I've chosen this night to ask a very important lady in my life a very important question". He smiles at me. "Y/n. I've known for a long time now. Ever since you came into the palace I saw something in you. Something I thought was magical and beautiful. You're heart of gold and love for others. How you're always there to help and assist when needed and not needed. You're a very kind, smart, and beautiful human being, and I would love if you were to rule by my side." He held out a gorgeous princess cut diamond. I gasped along with the rest of the room. I nodded as saying yes. He smiled and kissed me gently.

" Everyone is shocked but claps. I hear some whispers going around. Mostly about me. I see sebastian's face go from pride to shock. He runs out of the room. Camouflaged by everyone else leaving.

As Emerson leads me back to my room I can't help but not believe everything going on. I'm gonna be queen? Really?

"You look lost in space, princess. Everything okay?" He asks me. "Yes. I'm just thinking about everything. Its all so surreal. You're going to be king. I am...going to be....queen?" He smiles at me. "Yes indeed." I looked down at my hand. My finger adorned with the beautiful ring. I watched it sparkle in the moonlight. "Are you excited my princess?" I smiled. I am. I'm just not excited about how everyone will feel." I said honestly.

He took my hand and kissed it. "I've told you plenty of times. It doesn't matter what they think. It matters of what I think. And I think you're the best choice."

As I walked into my room I felt  someone watching me. Not even seconds later I felt someone grab onto my neck and push me against a wall. I looked to see who it was. It was Sebastian. "Listen here, scum! If you know what's good for you, you will NOT. attend the the coronation or your own wedding. It WILL NOT end well." I looked at him with fear in my eyes. I tried to speak but couldn't get the words through.

He let me go and I was gasping for air. "You're not fit to be a queen, peasent!" He said leaving me on the floor. I felt like I couldn't move. Like I had the inability to. I watched him walk away before my vision went black.

Happy late birthday to my best friend lavenderPalayeRoyale (she recently hit 1k. You guys should really show her some love.

By for now my loves