I'm not a princess pt.2

It was a quiet day in the castle. Us servants had the day off as it was a Sunday. Hailey and Meridith had gone into town to get away from the castle. I had decided to stay and do some quick chores.

I was in the royalty hall. The hall where the queen and Princes stayed. I was dusting by Queen Stephanie's room when I heard a ruckus from one of the other rooms. As I got closer I could here sebastian and Emerson yelling at each other.

"How dare you fall for a servant!" Sebastian yelled at his younger brother. "I might have fell for her but at least I treat the with respect unlike you!" He shot back. "What are you talking about?" He asked clueless. "Don't think I haven't heard and seen the harm you bring to Hailey! She is a nice, quiet, young girl who you just love abuse!" Emerson yelled. "It's not abuse it's discipline Brother!" "Leaving marks and scratches on her is NOT discipline! You better be glad mom doesn't know about this!" He yells. "And you better be glad I don't get rid of that poor excuse for a servant you call yours!" Sebastian. "Do not speak of her in that way! You have no goddamn authority over the kingdom. You aren't king!" There yelling was starting to scare me.

"I'm the first born descendent of Stephanie Kropp. I hold authority as a prince. I'm basically the king. I will rule and I will take her and her little friend out of this kingdom and straight to the gallows!" I gasped lightly. "Over my dead body dear brother!" Venom laced his voice. I wanted to run to not get caught but my feet wouldn't move.

The door opened and out came prince Emerson. He looked at my scared expression. He signlaled for me to be quiet and took my hand. We ran out of the castle and into the garden under the willow tree.

"How much did you hear Miss. Y/n?" He asked. "Most of it, you're highness." I said honestly. He smiled at me and lifted my chin up. "You don't have to call my formal name's when it's just us. I'm sorry you had to hear. I know yelling concerns you. I hate it but he needed to be out in his place." He said. I nodded.

I hazed into his kind, welcoming green eyes. They looked so beautiful. So calming. They looked like the very garden we were in. "Y/n?" He asked. I was knocked out of my trance. "Sorry Emerson! I was just..." I said. "Just what, my darling?" My heart rate began to increase at that. "Just your eyes. They're very beautiful." I said. He smiled. "Well you're are beautiful as well. They compliment you very well." I smiled.

We sat in silence for a while until he spoke up. "There's a ball tonight. It's for all in the land to attend. I wish to bring you as my princess." He said taking my hand. I was blushing. "Emerson, I've told you before. I'm not a princess." I said. "Oh, but you are." He said. "If you were to attend with me you would be a princess for a night. Not a servant, not a commoner, a princess. A very, lovely, beautiful, princess." He said. I sighed.

"I would love to attend with you Emerson, but what about you're family?" They wouldn't approve." I said. He smiled at me once more. "My love, it doesn't matter what they think. As long as you're happy that's all that matters" he said. "So, would you give me the honor to take you to the royal ball and be my princess?" He asked. "I would love to." I said. He kissed my cheek and smiled at me. I was hoping you'd say that."

He stood up and brought me with him. We went to his room and he handed me a beautiful red dress. "It was my mother's. She wanted me to give it to you." He said. "Why me?" I asked. "Because you're the one for me y/n. That's why." I couldn't help but blush. "You have four hours to get ready. Take all the time you need." I nodded. He kissed my hand. "Until tonight,my princess." He said closing the door. As soon as I began walking to my room I saw sebastian hiding in the shadows. Glaring at me.

By for now my loves