the captives

Ems p.o.v
I pulled at the metal chains on my arms. I kept pulling and struggling. My feet weren't restrained but they might as well be. "Let me go!" I screamed only for the concrete walls to hear.

"Don't bother, I already tried." The voice surprised me. It took for me to find where it came from. It came from the shadows. A girl,around my age sat in the same position I was in. Her arms and wrists were scared. From trying to escape I guess. Her face was pale and lifeless. Her eyes sunken in. Her lips chapped. Her clothes ripped and ragged. Her hair stringy and unkempt.

"How long have you been in here?" I ask. "Months,years. I don't know. I lost count" she's must have been here at least a year. "What did you do" I asked. She just looked at me. "I don't know if i trust you yet." She said. "Fair" I simply answered.

"Well,my names Emerson Barett. I'm the youngest of three,my favorite colors are red and black." I said trying to at least bring up somewhat of a conversation as neither of us were going to be let go anytime soon.

"I'm y/n y/l/n. Im an only child. My favorite colors are purple and blue." She finally said. "I think we'll be great cell mates." I said. She chuckled.

It's been at least two months. It was late into the night. Neither of us were asleep. "They thought I drowned my child" she said out of nowhere. "I'm sorry...what?" She sighed. "When you asked me why i was in here. They accused me of drowning my newborn. It was really my husband. The whole town  thought I was unstable so that's why they accused me of it." I couldn't believe it. "I-I'm sorry" I said. She shrugged. "It's what happens when you marry an abuser." I had noticed bruises on her when I first got here. I didn't know where they were from"

"So what about you Barrett,What are you in here for?" I sighed. "You know how I dress like a pirate?" She nodded. "That's why. They caught me when I got to land. I stole from other ships and towns. One of my brothers was a wolf. The other was a vampire. My first mate was my girlfriend. She got captured on our last attack. I haven't seen her since. I still have this." I motion to my locket that has a drawing of her in it. "What was her name?" She asks. "Rose. She was beautiful. Red hair,blue,vibrant eyes. She didn't smile much,but when she did it was beautiful." She listened and nodded.

"Beautiful name."  She said. "How long have you been together?" She asked. "Three years. She hated me at first but then listened to her heart instead of her family. We talked for a little while longer. I then heard the door open. In came Remington. "C'mon bro. Let's get you out of here." He broke the chains with his strength. I looked at y/n. "Rem. Get her chains!" I exclaimed. "Why?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Just trust me." rem helped us up and out we went. Me carrying y/n.

When we got to the ship I saw someone I wasent expecting to see.

By for now my loves