Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Sienna’s POV

The entire world seems to come to a standstill in that moment, in the moment the doctor speaks and he confirms that something is wrong. I feel myself become weak emotionally and physically and it almost feels like my heart is crumbling into dust. It feels like my heart has completely gone and I have no idea how I am even functioning right now. It doesn’t even feel real, it feels like this can’t actually be happening. I know it shouldn’t change everything, but it does. It changes every single thought and plan I had. I have so many things I want to say and ask, yet my mouth won’t connect with my brain. My mouth won’t move and I find myself just staring at him, mouth wide open and in a state of shock. I can’t even look at Liam, because I know if I do I will cry and that’s when everything becomes real. That’s when what the doctor is saying is true and then I will have to deal with it. I will have to actually acknowledge and deal with this devastating blow. “Did you hear me Sienna?” the doctor asks me. I don’t respond, I did hear him and I just wish now I hadn’t. I wish this wasn’t happening to me, to us and the baby inside me. “There is a possibility that your baby will have downs syndrome” he repeats. The words seep further into me, now that he has repeated them and they start to properly register in my head. It all becomes real, the possibility of it all is now very real. I still can’t do anything or even speak to ask the millions of questions I have. There are a hundred and one things running through my mind now. I have so many things I want to understand and yet I still can’t say a single word.

“How?” Liam asks “How do you know that from one scan?” he continues. I can hear the hurt in his voice and his voice breaks with emotion with every word he speaks. I wish I knew what he was thinking and how he feels about it. I wonder if he feels like he is dying inside, like I am. He doesn’t look at me and we both just stare at the doctor wanting to understand what he is telling us. I turn my head away from them all as I still lay down on the bed and my bump is still on show. I don’t attempt to cover myself up as I turn to stare at the monitor, where moments ago I could see my baby. The screen is now blank and I feel like the happiness I felt inside was a lifetime ago as I stared at my blurry baby on the screen. My baby was on there, the baby that I thought was fine and healthy, until the doctor delivered his devastating blow. The baby that was my reason to get better and my reason to be better. It all seems pointless now, changing and trying to be better was all pointless. I am pointless, I can’t even make a baby correctly. I’ve never met anyone who has had a baby with downs syndrome, so why me? Why has this happened to me and my baby? Why was I so heartless over the years? Is this the universes way of saying I deserve this after my years of cruelty?

‘You did this, this is your fault’

The voices I had fought for months to silence are trying to push their way back out. They are trying to bury themselves into my insecurities and expose my fears. The fears that this is all my fault and I deserve it. I deserve this punishment. I quickly block them out, I can’t go back there! I won’t go back to that dark place, where the voices ruled me and everything I did. The doctor clears his throat and I turn to him as he starts to explain everything. “When we do the 20 weeks scan, we check other elements of the baby too. We use a sonographer to measure the thickness of the nuchal translucency” he speaks in what may as well be a foreign language. “What is that?” Liam asks. “It’s a pocket of fluids at the back of the baby’s neck. All babies have a collection of fluid there, but babies with downs syndrome tend to have more fluid in that area. We’ve checked and your baby has more fluid in that area, which can indicate towards downs syndrome. We also check the baby’s measurements and that linked with the fluid can mean downs syndrome” he explains. “So you aren’t saying our baby definitely has downs syndrome?” Liam asks confused. “No, we can’t be hundred percent sure from the scan today, so we would need to do further tests. We can just see from today that there is a chance your baby has got downs syndrome” he advises. “What other tests do we need to do?” Liam asks. I am so thankful he is here with me, because I couldn’t have gone through this alone. He’s thankfully asking all of the questions that I want to ask, but I don’t know how to ask. It is surprising he is so calm. I mean out of the two of us I would expect me to normally be the calm and rational one, not him. He isn’t usually good in these types of situations, the past has proven this. I suppose though with me he has had to get use to dramatic situations.

“We could potentially do an amniocentesis, it’s where a fine needle is passed through your stomach into the amniotic fluid which surrounds your baby from inside your uterus. We withdraw a small sample of the fluid and we would send it off for testing. There are risks though with these tests and it can lead to a miscarriage. We would need you to speak to a counsellor first to make sure you understand the risks” he says. The only word I heard from that explanation was miscarriage and the thought and word terrifies me. “What if we don’t want to take that risk?” Liam asks. “You would have to carry on with your pregnancy with the uncertainty of what the outcome will be. I need you both to understand how much of a life changing decision this is and how difficult it is to have a baby with special needs. The skills and learning vary between each child and your baby could be independent, but then again they could need around the clock care” he advises. Liam squeezes my hand, making me take notice of him and I didn’t even realise he was still holding it, that’s how numb I feel.

“Why? I suddenly blurt out “Why my baby?” I ask. I don’t know how the words even leave my mouth, but I am glad they have. I have this horrible feeling inside and the voices are telling me that I did this. I can’t help thinking this is all my fault. I have done something wrong and this is all something I have caused. “It isn’t something that either of you could have prevented” he assures us “It’s all down to your genes being passed on to your baby. It isn’t easy to explain, but your genes are carried on chromosomes and when your baby’s cells develop, each cell is supposed to receive 23 pairs of chromosomes. They get half of the chromosomes from the mother and the other half from the father. What happens with downs syndrome is one of the chromosomes doesn’t separate properly and the baby ends up with three copies of chromosome 21 rather than the two other baby’s would have. The extra chromosome therefore causes downs syndrome. There isn’t anything you can do to prevent it or to cure it. I’m afraid it’s something out of everyone’s control and it does affect thousands of babies in the UK every single year” he says. I have a slight better understanding now, but my brain won’t function properly. I can’t take in what he is saying properly and even if I did I wouldn’t take any comfort from his words. I know deep down I am to blame for this and so does Liam.

“I think you both need some time to talk about this and to consider all of your different options” he says sympathetically “This is going to be one of the biggest decisions you ever make in your life” he advises. Liam nods showing that he understands and I stay silent. I feel like I have forgotten how to speak or even the ability to think straight. “I will get you some leaflets about the condition. It will explain everything better and be a bit clearer for you both” the nurse says. “Thank you” Liam says quietly. “I would also recommend you booking an appointment with our counsellor. She will help you come to terms with everything we have discussed and go through the different options with you” the doctor says. I know they only want us to speak to a counsellor to see if we are of sane minds. They want to take any liability off themselves if I decide to have the test and if it leads to a miscarriage. “Thank you for explaining everything to us doctor” Liam says politely. I don’t say anything, I’m not thankful to him and the news he has given us. “No problem. I’m happy for you to contact me at any time if you need anything” the doctor says. Liam finally looks at me and I can see the hurt in his eyes. He is trying to be strong for me, even though this is hurting him too. My heart breaks because I know without any tests or confirmation that my baby has downs syndrome. I know that whether we decide to keep the baby or not, the decision we make will be life changing either way. I have no idea how I am meant to make this decision, I wish I didn’t have to make it.

Harry’s POV

I’m tired now that I am home. The excitement of picking the engagement ring and getting up so easily has worn off. I remove my t-shirt and I stand staring at myself shirtless in the mirror. There is something inside me that feels different as I stare at the patch now covering my chest. I can’t believe I actually did it, I never thought I would be able to go through with it. I replaced her, I replaced her name and it’s a strange feeling knowing I have. It almost feels like I have finally set myself free. I have finally let go of the pain and the memories, which I had stupidly held on to. I have stupidly spent the last couple of years of my life longing for one woman and I never thought I would stop longing for her. I didn’t think it was possible to stop all of the feelings I had for her until now. I slowly peel off the patch that has covered my new tattoo. I peel it off to reveal my new tattoo and I smile as I stare at it. The name Sienna is now replaced and over the top of her name is a detailed black and white rose. I’m not sure what Sienna will think when she learns I removed her from my skin, I’m sure she won’t even care. She had my name on her wrist replaced a long time ago with stars, so I’m just doing the same as her. I stare down along my arm and the words are still there ‘If you’ll be my star, I’ll be your sky’. Paige had wanted me to replace that as well, but I couldn’t. It wasn’t because of Sienna though. I kept those words as they don’t relate to her anymore, when I look at the words now I think of Paige. I have somehow managed to replace everything that was Sienna and now all I see is Paige.

The bedroom door opens and Paige walks inside. She smiles as she sees me stood staring at myself in the mirror. “The tattoo looks good” she tells me, removing her coat. She walks over to me and she wraps her arms around my stomach as she stands behind me. Her face is lent against my back and I reach my arms behind me to hold on to her waist. “We should go out tonight” I tell her “To celebrate our engagement” I say. “That sounds nice, we should invite the guys and tell them our news” she says. “How about we go for a meal, invite everyone and tell them then?” I ask. She pulls out of my embrace standing at the side of me and she nods. “That sounds good” she smiles, kissing my lips lightly. She walks to her wardrobe and she starts to look through it, probably looking for something to wear tonight. I pull my phone from my jeans pocket and I send a group text message to Liam, Niall, Zayn, Louis and Paul inviting them out tonight.

Hey guys going out for a meal tonight do you fancy coming? Bring your better halves as well? Exciting things to talk about!’

I click send and I allow the text to send to the five of them. I walk to the bed and I lay down on it. I imagine I can slip in a small nap before I have to get ready for tonight. “I’ve text them. Do you want to invite anyone?” I ask. “No” she says shaking her head “We can do something separate with my family and friends” she smiles. “Ok, we should invite our families over tomorrow and tell them the news too” I say, playing on my phone. “Ok” she smiles, rummaging back through her wardrobe. I wait for the responses to come through from everyone to see if they will come or not. I know that Niall will definitely come, he never misses the chance to hang out as a group. I know if he had a choice we would all have dinner together every night. I’m not sure if Liam and Sienna will want to come, but hopefully they will make the effort. I would like Sienna to be there when I announce that I am engaged to Paige. I don’t mean that spitefully, I would just like her to see that I have moved on as well, just like she has. I want her to see that we can both be happy for each other. My phone vibrates telling me I have a new text message and I’m not surprised to see it is from Niall.

NEW TEXT MESSAGE

SENDER: Niall
Yeh bro I will come let me no times etc x

I’m not surprised that Niall is the first to text back, I would have been surprised if he wasn’t the first. I knew he would come and I am thankful that at least one of my friends will be there to celebrate with us. I don’t text him back just yet as I need to know how many people are coming first, so I can book a table for the amount of people that are coming. I plan to go to a posh restaurant, so we will have to make a reservation first. My phone goes off twice and this time the text message are from Paul and Louis.

2 NEW TEXT MESSAGES

SENDER: Paul
Hey me and the Mrs would love to come. What time and where?

SENDER: Louis
I’m with Zayn, we’ll both come together. Eleanor won’t be coming. Let me know details x

I smile happily that everyone is coming and the only person I am waiting to hear from is Liam. I’m sure he will let me know either way shortly. “Everyone is coming except Eleanor” I tell Paige “I’m just waiting to hear from Liam and Sienna” I smile. She turns her full attention to me and she looks concerned. “Do you not think it’s a bit weird having Sienna there?” she asks. I know what she is getting at, but I look at her confused nonetheless. “No, why would it be?” I ask. I know she has an issue with Sienna, even though she will never openly say it. The worst thing is she doesn’t even know the half of what Sienna and I went through. If she did know everything then I’m sure she would have serious issues about me even being in the same room as her. Paige isn’t the jealous type though, but she is when it comes to Sienna. I suppose any woman would feel slightly insecure if their boyfriend had been out with Sienna Star. “Well she is your ex-wife” she claims. There it is the insecure side of her, the side that she tries to hide. I can’t blame her, Sienna is stunning and there has always been a spark between us. I think there will always be a slight spark between us, even though neither of us will act on it again. “Exactly. She’s my ex-wife and she’s my ex for a reason. She is having a baby with Liam, I think it’s safe to say we are way past any awkwardness” I tell her. “Well if you are ok with it then so am I” she says. She isn’t ok with it, but I can’t tell Liam that Sienna isn’t allowed to come now. Paige will have to get use to Sienna being around, she is part of the One Direction package now. She is always going to be around, even if at times I wish she wasn’t.

Sienna’s POV

I walk out of the hospital with Liam, who walks just slightly in front of me. I feel like I am in a daze and I still can’t seem to function properly. I walk with my arms folded across my chest, not wanting Liam to touch me and he walks with his hands in his pant pockets. Every step I take towards his car feels like a struggle as hurt radiates through me. We walk through the hospital car park, heading towards his car and as we walk I hear the sound of cameras clicking. I see paparazzi following us and they take our picture over and over. They have obviously been tipped off by someone at the hospital that we were here and they have been waiting for us to come out. I don’t react to them and neither does Liam, even when they shout questions at us. They can take any picture they want and write any story they want, it won’t do any more damage. The damage has already been done and my heart is already broken, nothing can make me feel any worse. The happiness I felt at being pregnant has disappeared and all that fills me now is fear. I am scared of what is going to happen and how this is all going to plan out. I never thought for a single second that there would be something wrong with my baby, the thought never even crossed my mind.

We reach Liam’s car and he unlocks it, allowing us both to climb inside. The paparazzi surround our car and they take our picture. They press themselves right against the car windows and the flash of the camera goes off brightly. I shadow my eyes with my hand as Liam starts up the car, eager to get away from them. This will be a big deal to them because they haven’t seen us together in so long, the pictures of us will be worth plenty of money to them. They have no regard for me and what I am going through, all they care about is how much money they can get from taking a picture of me. I’m not use to this life anymore and it’s moments like this that make me question why I came back to London. Liam carefully drives away, making sure he doesn’t hurt anyone. We drive out of the car park and as we do the paparazzi follow us. They follow us by foot, some in cars and some on motorbikes. They will do anything to get a decent shot of us. I hate them, I hate them for not respecting me as a person.

I have tried to hold it in, but now I can’t. I start to cry and before I can pull myself together I start sobbing. My sobs are loud and painful, I don’t even care that anyone can see me through the car window. I feel Liam’s hand lay on my knee and he squeezes my leg gently, trying to console me. I don’t find any comfort from his touch and instead I wrap my arms around my small bump, protecting it from the cruel world. I hear a sob from beside me and when I look at Liam he is crying too. I forgot that this will hurt him as much as it will hurt me, this news affects us both. It only affects him though because I made him believe that I am having his baby. He is crying about a baby that may not even be his. I should feel guilty about that, but I have enough guilt to deal with, with the baby. I couldn’t tell him the truth now even if I wanted too, I wouldn’t even know where to start. How am I meant to admit I lied when he is feeling the same hurt as me now?

I can’t stop staring at him as he cries and he moves his hand from my knee, using it to wipe the tears from beneath his eyes. I hate seeing him cry, I thought he was going to be the strong one. I need him to tell me that everything is going to be ok. I have so much going on in my head and I’m confused. I am confused about what I should do. This could be my only chance to have a baby, my doctor said it was a miracle that I even got pregnant. I don’t know though if I have what it takes to cope with this, with a disabled baby. I have spent my whole life not even being able to look after myself, let alone care for a small defenceless baby. A baby who will need me to be calm and patient, something I have never been able to be before. There is even my bipolar to think about as well. What if I have one of my episodes? What if I get so bad that I can’t even get out of bed because I feel so down and depressed? How will Liam cope if I’m like that and with a baby to care for too? All the questions and thoughts make my head hurt and all I want is for today to never have happened.

“Are you ok?” Liam asks, the emotion is still clear in his voice. “No” I manage to cry out. He takes my hand in his and he strokes my hand with his thumb gently. “It’s all going to be ok” he assures me. He’s back to being the strong one in this and he’s trying to make everything ok again. “How do you know?” I cry out. How does he know that everything is going to be ok? “Because you’ve got me and I’ve got you” he says “We can get through this together, we can get through anything” he tells me. I feel slightly better hearing him say that to me. I need him, I need him to support me through this and just tell me that everything is going to be ok. “Promise me you won’t leave me” I whimper “Promise me no matter what happens you will stay with me” I cry. I am desperate for him to stay with me and I don’t think I can handle him leaving me. I am finally willing to show him I am vulnerable too. “You don’t understand Sienna” he sighs “I couldn’t leave you even if I wanted too. I love you, I love you more than anything or anyone I ever have before. I tried not loving you, I tried to forget you, but it’s impossible” he opens up to me. “I love you too” I smile through my tears. I am thankful that I have Liam and that I have him by my side. I feel like I can get through this with him by my side.

I manage to calm down the further we drive and we have thankfully managed to shake off the paparazzi. We finally reach Liam’s apartment and we drive into the underground car park, where he parks his car. We sit in the car in silence and neither of us attempt to get out of the car. “I meant what I said before” he says turning to face me “I love you and whatever we decide to do I will always love you. I wouldn’t still be beside you if I didn’t love you, especially after everything we have been through. I haven’t been with anyone since you left and I don’t want to be with anyone now. I want to be with you” he smiles. I don’t say anything, instead I lean in towards him and he leans in to me too, until our lips meet. We kiss sensually and everything seems to feel better in that moment. I know it isn’t all just going to be ok with one kiss, but it feels like things will get better with him beside me. His phone goes off and he gently pulls away from me. It’s almost crazy to think that everything has slipped so easily back into place. It has slipped back into place and all of it is based on lies and deceit. I am under no illusion that if he knew the truth then this wouldn’t be happening. We wouldn’t be here now if he knew he may not be the father of my baby.

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and he looks at it. I sit back in my seat, my head on the head rest and I try to soak in everything that is going on. A few days ago I was living in my own bubble in LA and now I am back in the UK, living the same life as I was before I left. “It’s a text from Harry” he says. I give him my full attention “What does he want?” I ask. “He is inviting us for dinner with everyone tonight” he says. The last thing I want to do is spend time with him and his girlfriend. “We should probably go” he says. I shake my head “I don’t want too” I tell him. The last thing I want to do is paint on a smile and pretend that everything is ok. He shifts uncomfortably in his seat. “I think that we should go. I’m trying to rebuild my friendship with him” he says. He looks sad again and I know he will feel bad for leaving me. “You go” I tell him. I don’t want him to think he can’t go without me. “Please come” he says “It will do you good to interact with everyone again and for us to take our mind off today” he smiles lightly. The only person I want to see out of them all is Niall, the others I couldn’t be any less interested in. I reluctantly nod knowing I should start doing things for Liam like he is always doing for me. “Thanks babe” Liam smiles. I can only hope that Niall will help lift my deflating spirit.

Harry’s POV

I hold Paige’s hand as walk into the exclusive Hibicus restaurant in Mayfair. It’s expensive to eat here, I have heard the food is fantastic though. We are greeted by the host who wears a black bow tie and a full black suit. “Hello” he smiles at us “Have you made a reservation?” he asks. “Yes, it’s for Styles” I tell him. He nods looking through his book of reservations and he seems to tick off my name. “You are the first of your party to arrive” he tells us “Follow me” he smiles. We follow him through the restaurant to a secluded table near the back of the restaurant. The table he takes us too is round and set for nine people. The tables are covered in white table cloths and black velvet chairs are sat beneath the tables. I pull Paige’s chair out for her and she takes a seat, thanking me as she does. The host leaves us with menus and I take my seat beside Paige, waiting for everyone to arrive. I admire her appearance as she looks around the busy restaurant. She is wearing a short black halter neck dress and black high heeled sandals. She has her long blonde hair in a simple low ponytail and dark eye makeup. “I’m excited to tell everyone” she smiles looking at me. I place my hand on top of hers squeezing it. “Me too” I smile.

We wait and soon Niall arrives, heading towards us. He looks smart dressed in grey trousers with a white shirt tucked inside them. “Hey” he smiles as reaches us. I stand up hugging him and then Paige stands up and he kisses her cheeks. He takes a seat beside me and we make small talk as we wait for everyone else to arrive. “What’s with the gathering anyway?” Niall asks. We don’t usually do any type of get together like this, unless it is someone’s birthday. “You’ll soon see” Paige grins at him. “I’m pretty sure I can guess” he laughs. I think it’s pretty obvious why we are here and yet I am excited to tell everyone our news. I am looking forward to everyone officially knowing that I am getting married and that this time I am doing it properly. It won’t be like it was before with Sienna. The wedding we had was impulsive and rushed. This time we will plan it and it will be the perfect day that we both want.

Eventually nearly everyone has arrived except Liam and Sienna. Paul and Clodagh have arrived and they are sat beside Paige and then Zayn sits next to Paul and then Louis. There are two spaces spare in-between Niall and Louis. I imagine they probably aren’t actually going to come, so the rest of us start to look over the menu. A waiter pours us all a glass of champagne, the expensive kind I ordered for when we are ready to toast our news. I look up from the menu and as I do I see Sienna and Liam walking through the restaurant. She holds Liam’s hand and I watch her every step. She is wearing a loose flowing white dress, which is sleeveless and comes to just before her knee. They reach the table and before anyone can stand up to greet them both, they sit down without hugging or kissing anyone. I’m not surprised when Sienna takes the seat beside Niall and she gives him a long tight hug. “Sorry we’re late” Liam says finally acknowledging us. He sits beside Louis and he takes a menu passing Sienna one too. I notice there is tension between Louis and Liam, but I don’t say anything as we all prepare to order our food now that everyone is here.

We all decide what we want and a waiter takes our order. I prepare myself to make our announcement just as I am about to Louis speaks up first. “I don’t want any fuss or any questions” he starts “I just want to let you all know that Eleanor and I have split up” he says. I am shocked and when I look around at the table I am surprised that not everyone is as shocked as me. Zayn, Liam and Sienna don’t even flinch at the news. “What? Why?” Niall asks. He never has been one to not speak up and say what’s on his mind. “I really don’t want to talk about it yet, it was a joint decision though” Louis says. “Liar!” Sienna snaps. I quickly look at her and she looks furious as she glares at Louis. He looks uncomfortable and I am thankful when he doesn’t say anything back. Tonight is supposed to be about me and Paige not anyone else. I don’t feel comfortable making our announcement yet and everyone just sits in silence instead. Paige nudges me and she gives me a look as if to say tell everyone. The timing doesn’t feel right, so I shake my head at her. “Harry has something to say” she quickly states, not leaving me with any other choice. Everyone’s eyes are on me except for Sienna’s, she is playing with her bracelet and she stares at it intently. “Erm well we invited you all here for a reason” I start “We’re engaged” I tell them. They all smile and congratulate us, but Sienna doesn’t even flinch at my news. Why doesn’t she care at all?

“Congratulations” Niall smiles patting my back. “Thank you” I smile at him. “Show us the ring” Clodagh says excitedly, leaning towards Paige. “We haven’t got it back yet” Paige tells her “We have had to send it off to be resized” she explains. “Well good timing mate” Louis comments “One divorce and one wedding” he laughs. It surprises me how ok he seems about his break up with Eleanor. I can only put it down to him knowing they will sort it out like they always do. “Its’ funny isn’t it?” Sienna asks outraged. She is looking at Louis and I realise she knows something the rest of us don’t. “What?” Louis asks clearly annoyed, not able to stay quiet any longer. “You think it’s all just one big joke don’t you? Marriage and divorce is just funny to you!” she snaps. He rolls his eyes at her “You don’t know anything so just shut up” he snaps. I get that protective feeling inside not liking how he is speaking to Sienna. “I know enough to see you have ruined Eleanor’s life and wrecked your marriage. Now you are treating it all like it is one big joke” she says emotionally “Did your marriage mean nothing to you?” she asks. “Don’t pipe up to me about marriage! You got married on a fucking whim and you made a mockery of what marriage is even about! It meant that much to you that you got married in Vegas to Harry when you were both drunk and the whole time you were married to him you were fucking other people” he says loudly.

Sienna slams her fist down heavily on the table, gaining the attention of the busy restaurant. “You have no clue what happened between me and Harry. I loved him and I meant every vow I said” she glares. I feel myself become tense as Paige squeezes my hand and I know she is angry at what she is hearing. This is all out of my control though, I can’t stop her from saying what she is saying. “What it meant that much to you that you were off fucking Zayn behind his back?” he asks. She looks hurt and I know he has hit a nerve as he is speaking the truth. She did sleep with Zayn behind my back and in all honesty we both made a mockery of our vows. The whole marriage we had was a shambles from the very start to the bitter end. There isn’t anybody who knows that as much as we do. “I bet you don’t even know who the father of that bastard is” he states, referring to her unborn child. That’s when all hell breaks loose.

Sienna’s POV

My anger ignites as I listen to Louis and his vengeful words. “Don’t pipe up to me about marriage! You got married on a fucking whim and you made a mockery of what marriage is even about! It meant that much to you that you got married in Vegas to Harry when you were both drunk and the whole time you were married to him you were fucking other people” he snaps at me. He doesn’t have a clue about what Harry and I had, nobody does. Nobody here could ever understand the bond we have, the one that somehow always manages to bring us back together, even when we don’t want it too. “You have no clue what happened between me and Harry. I loved him and I meant every vow I said” I tell him. I feel like anger is flowing through me like a tidal wave. “What it meant that much to you that you were off fucking Zayn behind his back?” he asks spitefully. He says the words that none of us ever speak about and the last thing I want is to be reminded about it. I shouldn’t be having to listen to this, not after everything I have already been through today. He hits a nerve and I feel hurt hearing the worst things I did laid out in front everyone. “I bet you don’t even know who the father of that bastard is” he states, staring at my stomach. I feel like I am going to sick and I let a pathetic weak sob leave my mouth.

I don’t get a second to react to him because Liam is on his feet, dragging Louis to his feet and he slams him onto the table. He doesn’t care about the smashed glasses and spilt drinks. The whole restaurant is watching us in shock and everyone on our table quickly jumps to their feet. “Take that back” Liam says through gritted teeth “Take it fucking back” he snaps. I have never seen him this angry and I can’t blame him after what we have learnt today. “Ok I’m sorry I take it back” Louis says clearly frightened by Liam’s reaction. I can’t help wondering if Zayn has told Louis the truth. I know he hasn’t though as he looks just as worried and concerned as everyone else. “Do you have any idea what we are going through?” Liam asks close to tears. He still has Louis pinned against the table and nobody seems to know what to do. “We found out today that our baby might have downs syndrome” he cries out “We might lose our baby if we find out for definite” he says, actually crying now. I feel everyone’s eyes on me and I don’t make a single sound as tears flow down my face. I can’t stay here, I can’t do this. I grab my handbag and I quickly run away from the table and out of the restaurant. Why did I ever come back here?

Harry’s POV

I watch in a state of shock as Liam pins Louis to the table. I have never seen him react this angrily before and I have done a lot of things to piss him off over the years. I have pushed him further than anyone else ever has before, but he never once did this to me. He didn’t even get close to giving me this kind of reaction. “Take that back” he snarls “Take it fucking back!” he snaps. I don’t know if I should be intervening or not. I just know that if this keeps happening that someone is going to call the police and that’s the last thing we need. “Ok I’m sorry I take it back” Louis says fear in his eyes. I have no idea what is going on and I feel disappointed for Paige. I am sad for her that somehow our celebrations I have turned into an unruly brawl. “Do you have any idea what we are going through?” Liam asks. I can tell he is about to cry and when I look at Sienna I watch the tears flow down her face. She doesn’t make a sound, nothing comes from her lips as she watches this scene unfold too. “We found out today that our baby might have downs syndrome” he cries out “We might lose our baby if we find out for definite” he properly cries now. I feel myself fill up as I hear how upset he is and when I look at Sienna, I watch her grab her handbag from the table. She rushes out of the restaurant and I don’t know why I do it, but instinct takes over. I let go of Paige’s hand and I rush out of the restaurant after Sienna.