Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Sienna's POV
Everything is so quiet and peaceful, I enjoy these last few minutes of sanity. I feel Liam's hand on top of mine and I allow our hands to connect together. I turn to face him and I give him a small smile. I'm nervous and I have no idea why I am. I am grateful of this car journey even though it is short, it gives me some breathing space from this crazy night. I haven't been used to being in the limelight by choice this past year and it feels unnatural now. There is a big difference between being followed around by cameras and openly allowing yourself to have your picture taken. I try to appreciate this time because after tonight I won't need to do these events again. I will only ever attend something like this if I am supporting Liam, so then the attention won't be on me.
We get closer to the after party and I can tell just by looking out of the window that this is going to be chaotic. It is going to be crazy tonight and I need to make sure I pace myself, because it will be a long night. If this had been a year or two ago I would easily have been the last one standing, but not now. I'm not a big drinker or big on the party scene anymore. I try to avoid situations like this, but this isn't just any party though. This is a big night for me and I want to enjoy it as much as I can. I'm just thankful that I have Liam by my side, he will watch over me, and make sure I don't get too drunk. Either that or I will spend the night keeping an eye on him. He isn't one to get drunk often, but when he does he gets near paralytic. I don't know how easy it will be for me to resist temptation though, especially if he doesn't keep a tight rein on me.
We reach the venue and our car drives at a snail's pace as it reaches the entrance. I look out of the window and I see the lines of paparazzi waiting for anyone famous to arrive. The car comes to a standstill and the car door is opened for us at Liam's side. He gets out of the car and as soon as he does, camera flashes go off continuously. I shift myself up to the door and Liam reaches his hand out to me. I take his hand and he gently helps me out of the car to my feet. The cameras flash even more and they seem to be even brighter as we both stand emerged from the car. The media shout our names loudly, trying to get our attention. I reluctantly pose beside Liam as our picture is taken over and over again. We both smile and I give a small wave as we head towards the entrance. The media try to ask us questions and we ignore them, I'm not in the mood to talk.
Liam wraps his arm around my shoulder and he pulls me into him as we head to the entrance. The lights from the cameras are so bright that I have to screw my eyes up to stop them from hurting. I cling to Liam to steady myself as I can't see where I am going and I am scared I will fall off my high heels. He holds me closely and he lifts his hand in front of my eyes, trying to shield them from the camera flashes. It is little things like this, little signs of love that makes me realise how lucky I am to have him. It makes me realise that this is how I should have been treated by past boyfriends. I was never treated how I should have been, until I found love with him.
We keep walking up the long red carpet to the entrance. I cling to him with one arm and I use my other free hand to stop my breasts from spilling out of my low cut black dress. I felt much better after a shower and a change of clothing, after my performance. The wind blows making the split up my dress blow open and it shows off one of my tanned legs. The media and crowd cheer making my cheeks blush slightly and causing Liam to laugh at me. I like that about him, I like that he doesn't get angry easily or jealous. He is secure enough in our relationship to not let little things like that get to him. That is something I have never had with ex-boyfriends before, which isn't surprising considering my history with psychos. I know it is different with Liam, he knows I wouldn't jeopardise what we have for anything else.
The media continue to call out to us and it's weird to think not long ago we were seen as a joke. The media made our relationship out to be something seeded and wrong, but the fans love us. The fans think we are a 'perfect' couple and the media soon joined them. They didn't have much of a choice in the end. I believe everyone can see how happy I am with Liam and how happy he makes me. This is the happiest anyone has seen me in years, if not ever. They all know this isn't anything like I had with Harry. This relationship can't be compared because this time it's for keeps. We aren't playing games anymore, this is real.
We finally reach the entrance and we are finally out of the way of the cameras. We are quickly escorted inside by the mass of security guarding the entrance. We are both handed a flute of champagne as we prepare to start the celebrations. Liam drinks his champagne in one and I gently sip mine lightly, not wanting to get too drunk, too quickly. I smile at him and he grins at me, as we ensure we keep body contact. He knows this is a big night for me and he wants to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. He wants to celebrate this night with me and I couldn't imagine sharing it with anybody better.
We are led into the party and I look around at the venue. It is a nice place and it is already heaving with music executives and other celebrities. There is one huge room which is dimly lit, the walls are painted light blue and the lights are blue. The room has a cool vibe to it and there are silver decorations hanging from the ceiling. There are high tables and stools surrounding the bar. There is a bar in the middle of the room. I feel everyone's eyes are on me as we make our entrance and we are soon surrounded by people. Liam takes a step back and he allows me to start networking with the people who surround me. He doesn't even bother when I give him my handbag to hold. There isn't any obligations or animosity from him, he just wants to support me. I am led away from him and as I am, I get lost in the compliments and words of praise.
I sip my flute of champagne and I walk around the party looking for Liam. I got bored of listening to the endless compliments, so I came to look for Liam. I finish my champagne and I am immediately handed another flute. I start to get frustrated as I look for Liam and I am relieved to eventually see him at the bar, drinking shots. I laugh to myself as I watch him holding my handbag under his arm as he drinks shot after shot, screwing up his face as he does. I walk behind him without him realising it, I grab his bum, and I can't help laughing lightly as I do. He looks horrified as he turns around and as soon as he sees me he starts laughing. "Come here" he laughs pulling me by my arm into him.
He holds me close as he stares deeply into my eyes, he cups my face, and then he leans in gently kissing my lips. He kisses me like we are the only two people in the room and it makes me feel uneasy. I am trying my best to get use to the public displays of affection, I am getting better, but I don't know if I ever will be completely fine with it. It does make it a bit easier to deal with when you have been on the brink of death. It makes you realise life is too short to not say how you feel and to not love unconditionally. He stops kissing me and he keeps his lips pressed against mine.