Chapter 41

Chapter 41

A/N – only a few more chapters to go guys until the end :)

Harry's POV

My gaze falls on him, on Louis, I watch every step he takes down the corridor, drawing nearer to us. His posture is tense, his shoulders held up towards his ears and his hands held in tight fists by his side. His feet slam loudly on the floor with every step he takes, echoing through the empty corridor. I know I'm about to face the argument of my life, I'm about to face the consequences for my actions. I'm not ready for this, not today.

I'd say after Zayn; Louis is the next member of One Direction I always argued the most with. We've clashed a lot over recent years, something we didn't do in the beginning. The problem is he's opinionated, overly opinionated and he always had a habit of pushing me too far. He used to piss me off, pushing me, until eventually I always snapped. I snapped quite a few times at him, more than I wish I had. There were occasions when I got so angry with him that we'd often get in each other's faces. In most recent years that's happened more times than I care to even remember and I know that's down to me. That's down to me not being able to hold me tongue or my temper. I can't seem to hold my temper in with anyone these days, but I know I was worse in One Direction. I know I was a nightmare to work with and a nightmare to be around.
This man has been my best friend, since we where teenagers and we joined the band. We've been closer than two people could ever be, but years passed and we changed. We grew up, grew apart and then we've drifted between friends and enemies. We've hated each other, I've hated him with every bit of hate I've had inside myself. That hate did die at times, but it's never fully left for him, not since I walked away from One Direction. He's never really forgiven me for ending my link to him and the band. He's always been fiercely loyal and committed to the band, committed to the other three guys and to the fans, but my loyalty died. I was loyal in the beginning, but this industry burns you out and that's what it did to me. It burnt me out, took everything I had and I stopped caring in the end. I stopped caring about it all, even the music. The different between us was he still wanted it, he'll always want it, even long after it ends and the guys go their separate ways. He is One Direction, he's everything the band represents, he's the heart of it. Even when the band ends, in years to come everyone will remember him, he'll be the one they remember. I still wish at times I'd stayed on that journey with them, finished it with them, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't finish the journey with them, my happiness was more important and that's something Louis will never understand. He doesn't want to understand and I haven't got the time to make him see it from my perspective.
His long strides quickly pay off and in no time he stands before me, ready to fight. He wastes no time in gripping my t-shirt in his small hands and he slams my back against the nearest wall. I don't flinch, I feel nothing because we've been here a hundred times before. I don't want to make a scene here, it's the last place I want trouble to start. What else am I meant to do though? He's turned up here wanting a fight and it'll take every bit of self-control I have not to give him one.
His dark eyes study me, his stare burning into me. His jaw is tense and his teeth are clenched together, like an angry guard dog, spotting an intruder in his territory. He's going to attack, any second now he'll attack me. I stare back at him, coolly and not matching his angry stare. I haven't got the strength to be angry, not anymore. My energy is all being taken up by Sienna and my concern for her wellbeing.

Suddenly, Eleanor is beside us and she's trying to pull Louis away from me, but her weak pathetic frame isn't going to make any difference. She couldn't lift a shopping bag, let alone part two grown men. I lean my head back on the wall, ignoring Eleanor's protests and I let Louis think he's the bigger man. I let him think that he's got the better of me, even though he hasn't. I could end him if I wanted too, but I don't care enough to end him.

"Why the fuck did I ever consider you my friend?" he asks aggressively.

I don't say anything, his words resonating in my head. We use to be friends, but times changed. We changed and in reality I stopped being his friend years ago, maybe deep down we never really were friends. I've got no loyalty to him, not to anyone especially when alcohol and sex are involved. Eleanor was just more proof of that, more proof that I'm disjointed from everyone and that I'm selfish. I'm just a simple man, who doesn't ever consider anyone else's feelings. I'm a cunt, I know I am and I always will be. I don't think I have the capability of being anything else.

"Stop!" Eleanor snaps "This isn't the time or place."

She tries to lower her voice, tries to keep it down, so we don't draw any attention from the nurses or security. The moment we're suspected of making a scene we'll be kicked out of the hospital. They'll stop any of us from coming back in and I know I can't risk that. I can't risk not being able to be near Sienna.

"You don't get to tell me what to do anymore!" Louis stares firmly at Eleanor "So, shut the fuck up!"