Ages

Amelia

Leo has been moping around ever since his two friends came over yesterday.  He hadn't said a word to me.  Mostly all glares.  Thankfully Jake hadn't notice.

"Let's go somewhere."  Leo manages to choke out despite his subtle frown.  "Jake prepare Nessa's things."  All I could do was blink as he tries to force a smile.  "What?"  He met my gaze.

"Is everything okay?" 

Kissing my forehead, "Of course."  His smile seemed forced.

"Leo I know you.  What is bothering you?" Was it school?  Maybe it was the fact Daniel had moved across the street which I still can't get my head wrapped around the idea of seeing him every day.  And I mean every day.  It has only been two days since he had moved and he always found excuses to come visit.  Manly it was for Jake but Jake had dismiss him as always.

I scolded him for that.  As much as I despise his father, I didn't want Jake to despise him.  He was and still is his father after all but I will not force Jake to like his dad.  He should come to that on his own terms.

Aside from that, I still wondered what Leo was thinking.  He was never big on what was going on in his life.  He doesn't tell me anything and it was hard to read him.  Especially when his eyes remain stoic.

On the other Jake was easy to read.  He wore his emotions on his sleeves.

Besides Daniel, I have to worry about, there is Sasha who did visits once but I was upstairs and Leo had shooed her away.

Then there is Brenda who would text him at odd hours.  Course Leo was angry as hell.  He didn't know how she manage to get his phone number.  And it was mostly pictures of her in the bathroom.  I caught a glimpse of it and all I could do was sigh.  It took several pictures of Brenda for Leo to finally block her number even after telling her not to text him again. 

After all Leo was a young-soon to be twenty year old man.  He is bound to get hounded by woman of his age, of his caliber.  He is bound to be seduced.  The question is will he let those woman play him.  Just thinking of the thought had my heart beating against my rib cage.  A frowned probably marred on my face.

"Now love, what are you thinking about?"  Leo stood in front of me observing my facial expression.

"Huh, oh nothing."  I bounced Nessa in my arms who was pulling down my shirt.

"Then," I felt his thumb creased out the frown on my forehead, "Then why the frown?"

"Oh, um its nothing really."  How was I to tell him.  We were only married for a couple weeks and I didn't want to let my insecurities get the best of me.

"I'm ready."  Jake was holding the baby bag.

Taking Nessa from me we had hopped into Leo's car as we were now already on the road.  I don't even know where we are going but we had parked the car in front of First Hawaiian Bank.

"Are you making a withdrawal?"  I asked.

"Just come with me."  We now sat at a desk as the woman began typing furiously on her computer.

"I'd like to open several accounts please."  Leo says.

Accounts?  As in more than one?

"Okay and whose accounts would you like to open?"  The lady now stared at Leo and not once looking my way fidgeting in her seat.  She extended her hand to put it on top of Leo's as supposedly to be a friend gesture but I knew better.

Pulling his hand back, "One for my daughter, Nessa, second for Jake's and third a joint account for me and my wife."

My head abruptly turned to him.  "Are you serious Leo?"  He doesn't even have a job.  Hell I don't even have a job.  I'm living off my parent's inheritance and still writing those books.  I finally had time to finish Collision and it was publish with over four thousand sales in two months.  Which is not bad.  My other book though didn't make as much as Collision but you win some, you lose some.