Tantrums

Amelia

No, I was not angry, just disappointed.  Disappointed at Jake's behavior.  Truth be told ever since he has turned fifteen he has been giving me a bit of an attitude problem.  Course I just shrugged it off because this is my little boy.  My baby boy.

Finally arriving home I felt Jake hug me from behind, "It's okay mom."  He soothingly spoke but I was far from okay.

Removing his hand off of me, I turned to him letting him know how pissed I really was.

"What the hell is the matter with you Jake?"

He looked at me confused, "What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb with me.  You getting into fights.  And of all people Leo.  You hit him."

"First you get angry at me because I don't defend myself but when I do you are still angry at me." He threw his hands in the air.

"Wrong.  Defend yourself meaning to diffuse the situation not get into fist fight and make things worst.  You do not take Karate just to hit people around."  I hit him over the head hopefully that will knock some sense into him.

"Mom, Leo is a jerk, and a bastard..."

"I thought he was your friend."  Regardless of what had happened, what I heard in that office it seemed Leo was not at fault.

"Are you siding with him now mom?" Jake yelled.

"Boy, do not talk to me that way.  I am your mother."  I placed my hands on my hips.  "You are going to call Leo and apologized.  Good thing you weren't suspended otherwise I'd take away your video games away."  Whenever Jake had did a mistake towards a student or a classmate I'd have him write an apology letter or call them to apologize.

"No."  He furrowed his brow which I hate so very much because he looked exactly like his dad.  Still does.

"No.  Are you disobeying me now? Since when?"

"I'm not a child anymore mom."

"Well don't act like one.  I did not raised you to be this disobedient.  I raised you to be respectful especially towards me who gave birth to you almost on my birthday."  I played the guilty card hopefully it would calm him down instead he seemed more angry than ever.

"You don't understand.  Leo is nothing but a jerk and I regret ever being friends with him."  Shock now plastered on my face.

"So that means you regret your sister here."  Now that frowned had turned into regret in his eyes.

"Well no but..."

"Then don't ever say that again.  Jake talk to me honey what is going on?"

This was something else and if he doesn't tell me what he is thinking how the hell am I suppose to help him.  "Tell me so I can fix it."

"There is nothing to fix just don't talk about him!"

"Who?  Leo?  Look there is something bothering you and you need to let me know now."  I'm his mother and he always had no problem telling me his problem because whatever it is, I always fix it.

"Mom just leave it alone.  Do not mentioned his name and he is not allowed to step foot in this house."  His male dominance was starting to show. Storming upstairs slamming the door in the process.  Oh hell no.  This is the first time he actually slammed the door.  Well not in my house.

Marching up stairs I pounded on his door, "Jake you open this door right now or else..."

"Just leave me alone."