Us Against the World

Amelia

He looks angry enough to kill.  While I gave Jake one of my deathly glares.  One thing I hate the most are surprise visits and Jake knows this.  He damn well knows this.

Quickly rushing back up stairs, "Jake wait here."  His voice gave off as a command more than anything and before I knew I was practically running up the steps. 

Just as I was about to slam the door, a foot stopped it slamming the door back open and soon enough I was locked in a room with just me and him.

Remind me to ground Jake once he leaves.

"Ms. Davis."  Leo growled as I had my back turned towards him only for him to roughly pull me facing him.

His expression had soften as he gazed at my terribly physics.

After leaving Emily's home, I was sore.  My younger sister could always put up a fight and her punches were no funny matter.  Course I threw in a good few here and there but not as strong as hers.  I, being the older sister didn't want to hurt my sister that way so in the end, I tried to defend myself as much as I could.

"Who did this to you?"  His thumb gently grazed the bottom of my lip where it was a bit swollen as well as my eye that was now purple.

"Why does it matter?"  I scoffed trying to lighten the situation.  Unfortunately Leo looked dead serious.

"Because, I care about you."  The pounding of drums began to echo in my ears.  Stupid heart. 

"This will fade."  I turned to my bed where my clean clothes laid.  Before they came I was busy doing laundry.  I had to.  I was out of panties.

"Don't turn your back on me."  He demanded and I was compelled to face him once again.  Fear had taken over.  Though I may be much older than him, he was in deed a much bigger man and sure as hell I cannot take him.  Course I could try but I'd be fighting a losing battle.

"Leo this is nothing.  Sister's fight..."

"Your sister did this to you?"

"It's not the first time."

He seemed angry by my words, "And you tell Jake to defend himself when you can't even do that yourself."

"Not against my sister."  I mentally sighed.

"Did you ice your face?" 

"Sure for about ten minutes."

His hand had reach the side of my cheeks when I pulled back.  "Ms. Davis..."

"Leo, stopped."  He froze, his eyes began to scan my entire body.

"Stop?"

"This."  I placed my hand in between us, "Whatever this is."  This is wrong.  I know it and he knows it and right now he is not thinking clearly.  I have seen the glances and the wanting to know me part but he is eighteen, this is just a phase.  Isn't it?

For a moment he looked confused followed by regret, guilt, sorrow.  Who knew he could carry all sorts of emotions.

Taking my hands in his, he leaned in forward as I took a step back, he took two steps forward until I was now pinned against my closet door with no room to run let alone escape.

"Ms. Davis..." he licked his lips breathing down my face, "And how do you know what this is?"

"Look Leo I could see the signs.  I am not blind.  You are my son's friend and that is all you will ever be."  As hurtful as it sounds it is the truth.