Envious

Amelia

"Lia can I have a word with you?" Tina stared me down. It was like there was pins and needles prickling my skin.

"Auntie..."

"Not now Jake." I have never heard Tina dismiss Jake like that. After all Tina is like a second mom to Jake.

Leo's grip on my hips had tighten and he didn't want to let me go. The tension in this room grew heavy and thick. "It's okay Leo."

Taking it as a cue, Leo loosen his grip and whispered, "I'll be here." Before kissing me on the forehead. Following Tina up the stairs into my bed room she wasted no time in yelling quietly.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She huffed. "Are you insane. I told you this is wrong Lia. You are older than him, much older than him."

"Tina..." My voice came out soft. Why am I scared? She is my younger sister and I'm the older one. I'm supposed to act like the older sister but her eyes had always intimidated me. Usually I never yell at my sisters unless the occasion calls for it but I love my sisters and I don't want anything to break us apart. After all, all we have is each other. "I'm not going to apologize for my actions but this is my life, and..."

"And what huh? For god's sake Lia, I thought you were smarter than this. What about his parents? Do they know about you? Hell what would you think they would say? This is a long road for the both of you. What would people say? Oh my god, what would they say about us that we are tolerating such behavior."

Okay that is just wrong, "Us? What do you mean us? This isn't about you, this is about me." I always hated how she cares about what other people think.

"Oh no, this is about all of us ever since you started shaking up with a child."

"He is not a child, he is nineteen." I muttered.

"Oh and that makes it all better." Tina rolled her eyes at me.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I'm your older sister and you will show me some respect."

"Respect? You are asking for respect. Why not show me the same thing." Maybe it is the hormones but this conversation is starting to make me angry. "And how the hell are you going to raise that child? How is he? Does he even have a job? Come on Lia use your fucking brain."

"This child is mine and his and we will do just fine. I don't think I ever asked for your opinion just your support." I spat back.

"Support? Really. And that child is going to eat off your breast milk till he is Jake's age. How the hell can a child raise and support another child when he probably can't even support himself."

"I may not have a job like you but I am well off..."

"You mean those books you wrote." She laughed, "Those writing will get you nowhere. Why don't you get a real job and stop living off mom and dad's inheritance."

"Oh my god." Pinching the bridge of my nose I sat on my bed, "Is this what it is about? I have never said anything since we are sisters but you have been comparing me to you. On what I don't have but what about what I do have. Sorry sister I'm not like you but I am happy you have a complete family why can't you just be happy for me?"

"I'll be happy when you can get off your ass and work." Never in my life I wanted to hit someone so badly. My books that I wrote may not have been a good paying job but I love it. It is what I am good at.

"At least I love what I do but what about you. Can you say the same thing?" I know for a fact she hates what she does. So why does she want me to feel the same thing?