Movie Night

Amelia

Jake was never a good liar to begin with.  Putting up a fake smile gave it away.  But I wasn't going to argue.  I got myself into this mess and I sure as hell can manage.  I have been a single mother for all of Jake's childhood and I should prepare myself once again.  Sure Leo had made it a point that he will be here for our child but I guess not all the time. 

Hell his parents don't even know about their grandchild and to me I think that is sad because everyone needs that baby smell, that baby smile, that baby giggle.  It just brightens your day.  I remember when Daniel had left me, I cried for days.  I was heart broken.  Jake was only seven months old not knowing what was going on.

But all I had to do was listen to him, hear his giggles, see his smile and my heart not only mended that day but grew stronger, course when Daniel came crawling back saying he made a mistake I said Fuck you to him.  I don't need him, we don't need him, we never did.  I mean he will always be my first love.  We have loved each other since we were twelve and perhaps we were just too young to actually know what love was.

I'd say the both of us matured well maybe just me because he fucked up again.  Last I remember him and his wife are not doing so well.  That's not my problem anymore.

And this little one here, I can be a single mother if the time comes but this time I have Jake, my rock.

"So which one will it be, Terminator or Aquaman?" Jake waved the two movies in front of me.

"Aquaman hands down." 

"You only want to watch it because the guy is...." Jake laughed

"So what is wrong with that?"

Jake rolled his eyes playfully, "You think all the guys are attractive."

"Not all the guys.  It's just your mom has good taste in men."  Taking a seat on the couch Jake fumbled with the DVD player.

"Okay I'm going to prepare the food."  The sound of knocking interrupted us.

"Are you expecting anyone?"  It was nine o'clock so whoever that is, is sure interrupting movie time.  Just as I was about to get up, Jake sat me back down.

"I'll get it mom." Heading towards the door, "Who's there?"

"Pizza delivery."  Jake looked at me confused.

"Don't look at me, I didn't order any pizza." Though Pizza is my favorite food I had cooked and I couldn't let good food go to waste.

Peeking through the peep hole Jake smiled before opening the door wide.

"Anyone ordered Pizza?"  In came three boys, all wearing a hat and a ridiculous outfit,

"What are you guys doing here?"  I attempted to get up but damn this couch just sucks me back in.  Holding my hand, Leo helped me up.

"Celebrating of course."

"Where's the food?"  Noel clapped his hands.

Pointing towards the kitchen, Ash proceeded to prepare the dishes along with the two other boys and Jake.

I was still dazed, dazed and shock that they were here.

Jake had laid out a blanket on the floor pushing the chairs away while the food was being set.  It was like a picnic at home.

"Like hell I can sit on the floor."  I complained.

Taking me by the arm, Leo help me sit in a more comfortable position.

"So what are we watching?"  Ash took a seat next.

"It was either Terminator or Aquaman.  Mom chose Aquaman.  Mom loves the male lead."