Thanks Giving

Amelia

"Mom, is there something going on between you and Leo?"  My son asked as he was reading his book.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because, he is here everyday and he helps around the house and does things like take me out to play basket ball and buy us food."

He is not wrong about that.  Ever since our little sexual encounter, Leo had be here more often than his own home.  Not that I mind, he was helpful and made sure I never did anything too strenuous.  Hell he even followed us to do some grocery shopping.  Never once he had let me pay.  Does he even have a job?  Where the hell is he getting the money from? Probably from his parents making me feel a bit guilty.

"Don't your other friends come too?"  Course Ash was here as well and Noel but not as much as him.  "And I thought you like playing ball?"

"I do but that's not the problem."

"Okay, so what is the problem?"  I crossed my legs thinking what he could be thinking.  Since Halloween, Leo never made a move on me and for that I'm glad.  And on weekends, him and at least two of his friends would sleep over and on my bed.  Maybe I should buy another bed.

"It's just he's acting like a father or rather an older brother to me."  I laughed at that.  Leo is only a few years older than Jake and truth be told he is more of a father figure that his own dad.  It does something to my heart.  "What's so funny mom?"

"You.  You always wanted a father figure and now that you sort of have one you are complaining."

Jake put his book down to look at me as I stretched my legs.  "Well I guess...but...". Jake thought about what was happening, "If something is going on between you two, you would let me know right."

"Why son?  I can assure nothing is going to happen and nothing ever will."  I half lied.  Embarrassed to even speak the truth but I will make sure nothing ever will happen.  By the look of Jake I don't think he'd be pleased.

"Oh."  He frowned. 

"Now what's the matter?"

"For a minute you looked happy when he was around."  Actually I was.  I never had to rely on a man before.  It was always me doing the best I can at being a single mother. Leo would come to even fix things around the house. Who knew he was very good with his hands. Every thing I did was to make sure Jake had an easy life and to make sure he didn't feel incomplete by not having a father around.

"Honestly I am."  Smiling, he smiled too.

"Because I don't mind."

"Don't mind what?"

"I mean I like Leo.  And I love you mom.  If something happens between you too I'm fine with it.  As long as he doesn't hurt you."

And this is why my son is the best.  He doesn't judged and is always thinking about me.  Wiping the lone tear, "Not that there is anything going to happen, but you wouldn't mind? After all he is your friend and a few years older than you and I..."

"Mom, Leo is awesome and besides you are not old."  He beamed excitedly.  "Even in school.  Though Leo has his issues..."

"Issues?"

"Um...yeah...he can be an arrogant asshole and..."  I laughed at that, "and a jerk along with being temperamental..." now I don't know whether to laugh or cry, "But he is nice to me and Sasha..."

"See he has a fiance."  I countered.

"Yeah but he hasn't been seen with her since Halloween."  Only time will tell.