CHAPTER 10: THE GOBLET OF FIRE PT 1

Harry's Prov

After the night we sat down at the fire and talked Hermione convinced me to go talk to Dumbledore about the dreams I was having so that's what I was doing. As I got to the top of Dumbledore's office floor I could hear loud voices from behind the closed door "A man has died here, Fudge. And he won't be the last, you must take action" "I will not. In times like these the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength Dumbledore" Fudge argued with the headmaster 

"Then for once show them some" "The tri-wizard tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward" Well, once again Caitlin, was correct about someone "But surely that is what's right, no matter what others think" Dumbledore says.

"What did you say? What did you say to me?" "Excuse me gentlemen, it may interest you to know that this conversation is no longer private" I hear Mad Eye's voice. I raise my fist to knock on the door but the door swings open before I can even touch it "Harry! Harry how good to see you again" Fudge says when he see's me enter "I can come back later Professor" " Oh not necessary Harry, the minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you. Harry do feel free to indulge in a liquorice snack in my absence, but I have to warn you they're a little bit sharp"

 Dumbledore warns as he and Fudge along with Mad Eye leave the room door closing behind them. I look around and go to the snack bowl to taste a handful when they suddenly turn into small like creatures and start bite my hand "Agh!" I hiss in pain dropping the rest from my hand and onto the floor.

I fall back against the wall and down to the ground when a compartment hidden inside opens up. A coming towards me is a silver bowl with glowing blue pool of water in it. I lean down for a proper look when it suddenly feels like I'm falling as the walls around me become unfamiliar. and I land seated on a black bench with a bunch of people chatting around me. Woah! What just happened? Where the heel am I? I look to my side and see Dumbledore sitting beside me "Professor?" "Professor" I gasp in shock as a man's hand goes through me shaking hand with Dumbledore. 

They can't see or hear me. I look towards the middle of the room where a black cage is stage and soon a person held in chains and looks pale and weak as if he's been held here for quite sometime rises up from the fall and I take notice that the black staged cage has black metal arrows pointing inwards which can be twisted in more to get closer to the victims face.

"Igor Karkaroff-" Hey it's Barty...but alive and a little less old "-You have been brought from Azkaban at your own request to present evidence to this counsel. Should your testimony prove consequential. Counsel may be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such time you remain in the eyes of the ministry a convicted death-eater. Do you accept these terms?" "I do, sir" No way, That's Igor, Headmaster of the Drumstrangs? Wow he looks...terrible and not like he does now. Whatever it is I'm seeing it must be a memory from many years ago. "What do you wish to present?" Mr Crouch continues "I have names sir. There was a Rosier, Evan Rosier"

"Mr Rosier is dead" "Dead?" "Yeah took a piece of me with him though didn't he" Mad Eye says leaning over to Dumbledore and pointing to his mechanical eye. Eww. Well that was great to know. I turn back to Igor as he shakes his head "I didn't know" "If that is all the witness has to offer..." "No! No! There was Rookwood, he was a spy" "Augustus Rookwood? Of the department of mysteries"? Barty asks "Ya ya, the same. He passed information to you know who from inside the ministry itself" "Very well. Counsel will deliberate. In the meantime you will be returned to Azkaban" "NO! WAIT! PLEASE! I have more. Snape, Severus Snape" Did I just hear correctly. Snape was a Death-eater like the ones who crashed the World Cup at the start of the year? You've got to be joking!