CHAPTER 5: PIXIE TROUBLE AND HEARING VOICES

Caitlin's Prov

Since I dragged ourselves out of the great hall we were the first ones to arrive to the Defence Against the Dark arts classroom taking our seats in the two side by side two seater desk. Me next to Hermione and Harry next to Ron "Are you ok?" I ask leaning over from my desk.

Poor Ron just shrugs his shoulders in response and soon the class begins to fill up with Gryffindor and Sytherin students along with a few Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students and wait anxiously waiting for class to begin. "Let me introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher...me" we all look up to see Gilderoy Lockhart standing at the top of the staircase.

I roll my eyes as I look around the room to see posters and portraits of Lockhart himself. Clearly someone loves themself to much I roll my eyes again as I turn my attention back to him "Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin, Third class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner...of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming Smile Award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him" he laughs at his own joke as does Hermione and a few others of the girls in the classroom.

I catch Harry's eye and makes a face of disgust and I smile giggling slightly before returning one back making him giggle. "Now, be warned. It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind" he taps his wand over a cage with a red cloth over it.

I straighten myself up cause I have no idea what's under that cover "You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Known only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them" Lockhart rips the cloth off the cage which holds a bunch of small little blue flying pixies I think who are squealing and struggling to get out.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus scoffs "Freshly caught Cornish pixies" Lockhart adds defensively. Seamus begins to laugh which causes some other students to laugh as well "Laugh if you will Mr Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them" he opens the cage and out fly at least 30 pixies.

I scream and duck for cover like the others, Lockhart smiles for a moment before looking around fearfully. I sit down behind a desk alongside Harry, Hermione and Ron, by now the whole class is completely chaotic. Kids are running around swatting pixies out of their way, pixies are tearing and ripping up assignments, throwing papers everywhere.

"Round them up! They're only pixies!" Lockhart screams out "Why don't you round them up? You're the bloody teacher that released them!" I shout out to Lockhart

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Round them up! They're only pixies!" Lockhart screams out "Why don't you round them up? You're the bloody teacher that released them!" I shout out to Lockhart. A scream from Neville makes us look up and see two pixies dragging him up by his ears and hanging his robe onto the chandelier "Get off me!" Hermione cries as a pixie tugs on her hair "Stop. Hold still" Harry says before smacking the pixie with a book. "Peskipiksi Pesternomi" Lockhart shouts, oh look at that nothing happened...shocker. A pixie then steals his wand and he gasps.