CHAPTER 14: END OF FIRST YEAR

Harry's Prov

*Time skip*

I open my eyes and look around the room. I must be in the hospital wing. I sit up and put on my glasses and look to see a table full of lollies and gifts but where did they come from? Just then I turn my head to see Professor Dumbledore walk in "Good afternoon Harry. Tokens from your admirers" "Admirers?" I ask looking at him confused "What happened down at the dungeons is between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So naturally, the whole school knows" he explains and I smile slightly.

"Uh I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs" Dumbledore says picking up an empty little box "Ron was here? Is he alright? What about Hermione?" "Fine, there both fine" he says well that's good but wait "Professor what about Caitlin?" I ask. I start to feel my eyes burning "She's not...she can't be-"I start to say "Harry" Dumbledore says putting his hand up to stop me from talking.

I stop then he gestures his hand to the bed closest to me and there covered in cuts and bruises but she still looks beautiful to me. Dumbledore smiles at me as he begins to explain "She took a massive hit down in the dungeons but she'll be alright. All she needs is rest and Madam Pomfrey advises she'll be up at any moment, she is indeed a very strong girl, just like her mother was" I breathe a sigh of relief, good she'll be ok. "If I may ask. What happened to the stone?" "Relax dear boy, the stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat and agreed that it was best all around" "But Nicholas Flamel. He'll die won't he?" I ask and Dumbledore walks around and sits near me on the edge of the bed.

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die" "But how is it I got the stone sir? One minute I'm standing in the mirror and then-" "Uh you see, only a person who wanted to find the stone, find it but not use would be able to get it" he explained then he leans down closer to my face "That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me that is saying something" I smile at him as he brings he leans back up.

"Does that mean, with the stone gone that is. That Voldemort can never come back?" I ask "I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return" he answers great so he'll come back for then "Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bare to have you touch him?" Dumbledore asks me and I shake my head in response "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you and that kind of act, leaves a mark" I put my hand to my scar thinking that's what he's means "No, no. This kind of mark cannot be seen, it lives in your very skin" "What is it?" I ask him curiously "Love Harry. Love" he replies softly to me as he quickly places his hand on my head before getting up.

"Ah-ha Bertie Botts's every flavour bean. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one. And since then I'm afraid, I've lost my liking for them. But I think it could be safe with a nice toffee." He pulls out a bean and puts it in his mouth and begins to chew it "Hmm. Alas. Ear wax" he says and I smile at him once more and he leaves the hospital wing. "Madam Pomfrey!" I called out while she was passing by "Oh yes dear? Are feeling ill?" she asks with concern. "Not at all. I was actually wondering if I could go.?" "Oh of course dear" she says smiling at me before heading off to treat another patient.

I get up but instead of walking to the exit, I walk over to the bed beside me looking down at Caitlin as I grab hold of her hand "Please wake up Caitlin" I whisper for only her ears to hear. I wait for a few more minutes but she remains still and silent. I decided to go get changed into my robes and get ready for the feast, once I do I come back over to her bed one more time. I grab her hand again but this time giving it a kiss and slowly lowering her hand back to the bed but as soon as I do she wakes up quickly, sits up and gasps for air before looking at me.

"Harry! Oh thank goodness you're ok! You are ok, right? What about Hermione and Ron! Are they alright?" she asks wrapping me in a hug and then slightly pulling back to ask more question about what happened, she is so cute when she rambles "Caitlin, there fine" I say with a laugh and she relaxes with a sigh of relief "How are you, though?" I ask her "Honestly I've been better. If I wasn't so use to hits I'd say I feel worse" she says sadly looking down, I give her hand a slight squeeze in confront and she smiles and returns one back.