CHAPTER 6: DINNERS AND DANCING

Caitlin's Prov

The cold hung in the air as winter came our way, you could see the fog and mist just by looking out the windows. Right now we were all in the grand hall with Professor Snape for our study break "This is mad. At this rate, I'll be the only one in our year without a date" Ron says before Snape roughly pushes his head to face his work "Well, me and Neville" "Yeah but then again, he can take himself" I kicked Harry in the leg and gave him a look that said 'Don't be mean' "It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone" Hermione informed them "Now I'm really depressed" I rolled my eyes and went back to work. He wasn't the only one who was depressed, I've been asked by many boys to go to the ball with them but I politely declined them hoping that Harry was going to ask me, and he still hadn't.

 He wasn't the only one who was depressed, I've been asked by many boys to go to the ball with them but I politely declined them hoping that Harry was going to ask me, and he still hadn't

Why hadn't he asked me, yet? I kept thinking in my head. However my train of thought direction away as I could girls giggle but not just any girls Cho's group. They were once again looking and giggling at Harry, I clutched my grip around the pencil in my hand and tried to focus on the text book in front of me. Just then when Snape wasn't looking Fred threw Ron a note "Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone" Ron quietly reads out before it back to his brother "Who you going with then?" Fred just smirks and crumples the paper and throws it a Angelina "Oi, Angelina?" "What?" she whispers back "Do you wanna go to the ball with me?" he asks doing gestures "To the ball? Yeah, all right" Fred smiles and playful winks at his brother.

"Oi, Hermione. You're a girl" Ron says turning to Hermione "Very well spotted" I tap Harry on the shoulder and gesture my eyes to Snape who was heading our way, Harry's eye widen as he tried to get Ron's attention "Come with one of us?" but Snape beat us to hit as he smacks us all in the head with his book and walking away again "Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl it's just sad" I whipped my head to look at Ron stood up and smacked him on the back of the head "Ow! What what was that for?" he asks me.

I slammed my book shut, I can't believe him "1. You never ever say that to a girl and 2. For your information, Ronald! She wont be going alone because someone's already asked her" I get up at him as Hermione grabs mine and her book and hands them to Snape "And I said yes!" Hermione glares angrily at Ron as we grabbed our belongings and stormed out of the room.

"Ugh! I can't believe him! How can he say something like that to me!" Hermione yells as we make our way back to the common room "It's Ron, Hermione. What do you expect!" "I don't know. But he doesn't need to be so inconsiderate. He talks without considering the feelings of others" "Yeah well, at least he won't be the only one going alone" Hermione turns and softens her expression "Caitlin" "Hermione, it's been months. The yule ball isn't that far away and Harry still hasn't asked me" "He probably just wants to ask in a special way" "Or he's planning on asking Cho instead" I replied with a heavy sigh as I sat down on a stone bench playing with my fingers "Harry, wouldn't do that. He loves you too much to ever do that" Hermione tries to reassure.