CHAPTER 7: FIRST HALLOWEEN AND QUIDDITCH GAME

Harry's Prov

Ron and I are in the great hall finishing supper and starting on the desserts. The great hall was covered with floating jack-o-lanterns and all the food and sweets were Halloween themed because well today is in fact Halloween and the lightning and thunder outside really helps bring the theme. I keep looking at the great hall doors looking for either Caitlin or Hermione hoping one of them or both will walk in. Is she really that mad that she's now avoiding us? then again how can she not be after we just hurt her best friend. Or maybe did something bad actually happen to them? I don't know but I hope they're both ok.

I was worried because neither one showed up for the remaining classes "Where's Hermione and Caitlin?"I ask "Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom.She said that she's been in there all afternoon crying, Caitlin's been with her the whole afternoon comforting her. She refuses to leave until Hermione does"Neville tells me and Ron before turning back to his food. I look at Ron raising my eyebrows at him since he's part reason of why they've been absent all afternoon and he shrugs his shoulders going back to the food.    

Just then the doors open and in comes a panicking Professor Quirrell "Troll in the dungeon! Troll in the dungeon!" the professors at the table begin to stand up and all us students look at him "Thought you ought to know" and with that Professor Quirrell faints on the floor. When a bolt of lightning hits the students start screaming dropping their food and trying to rush out "SILENCE!" Dumbledore yells and we all stop and look at him "Will everyone please not panic. Now prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. The teachers will follow me to the dungeon".

On that command all the prefects encourage their house to move along as we walk out of the great hall wall and the teachers leave the table and head for the dungeons. "Gryffindors keep up please and stay alert!" Percy yells as he leads us back to the common room "How could a troll get in?" I ask Ron "Not on its own. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes" I stop Ron by the arm when I realize something "What?" Ron asks "Caitlin and Hermione. They don't know" and with that we run for the girls bathroom.

We're just coming down the hallway to the girl's bathroom when we see it "I think the trolls left the dungeon" Ron points out the obvious. I pull him by the arm and we hid behind a pillar so it doesn't see us "It's going into the girls bathroom" I say as we watch it walk in oh please be careful in there Caitlin and Hermione.

Caitlin's Prov

I finally convince Hermione to leave the bathroom and go grab some food after she started crying again and me holding her in a hug giving her as much comfort as possible. We were beginning to walk out, Hermione drying her eyes and me keeping an eye on her when he spot two big nasty feet in front of us, we slowly look up to see a giant troll. Hermione and I back up as the troll comes closer. I push Hermione into one of the stall with me right behind her as he swings his giant club smashing all the bathroom stalls with us both letting out screams and ducking down under neither the smashed wood and dust.

We hear the doors swing open and see Harry and Ron "Caitlin, Hermione move!" Harry shouts. We make a move for it and the troll swings his club again smashing the remaining stalls, I cover myself over Hermione as he does so, trying to protect her and the boys begin picking up broken pieces of wood and throwing it at the trolls head "Hey pea brain!" Ron shouts as he throws another piece. Hermione and I finally manage to crawl out of the broken stalls and I usher her under the sink so I can go help the boys.

Unluckily the troll spot us and swings his club down to us it caught me so off guard cause I was too busy getting Hermione to hid somewhere that when the troll club smashed the sink I fall back the club only an inch away from my foot. Luckily Hermione managed to move in time to the other sink before the club hit the first one she was under. When I feel back I didn't realize that I had fallen near the troll and before i could respond he wraps his big ugly hand around me and lifts me up to him "Caitlin!" Harry yells and the troll brings me to its face.