CHAPTER 8: FLUFFY AND FIRST CHRISTMAS AT HOGWARTS

*Time skip*

Caitlin's Prov

After the game Harry and I changed out of our quidditch robes and into our normal ones before heading out with Ron and Hermione to catch up with Hagrid and walking with him as he was making his way through the grounds to his hut "Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asks "Who knows. Why is he trying to get pass that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asks back "Who told you about Fluffy" "Fluffy?" Ron exclaims "That thing has a name?" I finish off. "Well of course he's got a name, he's mine. I brought him off an Irish fellow I meet in the pub last year, then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." Hagrid starts to say.

"Yes?" Harry asks "Shouldn't have said that. No more questions, don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." "But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding. Snape's trying to steal it" Harry says. Hagrid stops and looks down at us "Codswallop Professor Snape, is a Hogwarts teacher" "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one, I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking" Hermione explains "Exactly" Harry says nodding his head.

"Now you listen to me, all 4 of you. Your meddling in things that are not to be meddled in, it's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel" "Nicholas Flamel?" I ask "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that" Hagrid says to himself as he walks away "Who's Nicholas Flamel?" I ask again but this time to the group, we look at Hermione for the answer "I don't know" she says great we're stumped.

*Time skip*

A couple of days went by and before we knew it Christmas was only a day away. The air became a bit chilly and snow covered the school and it's ground. Harry, Ron and I were sitting in the great hall, I was sitting next to Harry watching him and Ron play wizard's chess. The great hall was quite bare from the amount of people who went home for the holiday, there was a fireplace that we were sitting in front of and a giant Christmas tree up at the front.

The 3 of us were all staying behind. Ron was meant to go home for the holiday but he's parents had a change of plans so he was staying here, Harry didn't want to go back to the Dursley's which I didn't blame him for with the way they treated him and well I didn't have anywhere to go since I ran away and lived on the streets for a bit and I certainly wasn't about to go back to that torture of a house besides I was happy that I was gonna spend Christmas with Harry....and Ron too of course.

"I'm playing winner" I say to the boys as they continue their game but poor Harry seemed to be losing, I turn my head to see Hermione walking in with her suitcase so I shoot up and go over to her meeting halfway. Thankfully I brought her present down here with me, knowing she'd come looking for us "Happy Christmas Hermione" "Happy Christmas Caitlin" we said hugging each other "Here this is for you. But remember you can't open it until tomorrow" I said pulling out a perfectly pink and white stripped wrapped gift "Thank Caitlin, here I got something for you too" she says handing me a wrapped blue and white poka dot gift "Thank 'Mione." I finally told Hermione and Ron about my life before Hogwarts so they now know why I'm here for the holidays.

We head back over to the boys and I slid back in my spot next to Harry "Knight to E5" Harry commands and his white chess piece moves to that spot, Ron thinks for a second before making his move "Queen to E5" Ron's red queen moves over to Harry's king coming to life and smashing the king in half and Ron smiles in victory picking up the broken piece and putting it beside him.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaims "That's wizard's chess. I see you've packed" "See you haven't" "Changed of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there" Ron explains "Good you can Harry and Caitlin then, there gonna go look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel" "We've looked 100 times" Ron says looking at Harry and I, Hermione leans down on the table "Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas" she says lastly grabbing her suitcase and walking out as Ron turns back to us "I think we've had a bad influence on her. And you don't really help it" Ron says that last part looking at me "Just figuring that out now, Weasley" he side smiles rolling his eyes and the boys go back to their game, Ron winning in the end.