CHAPTER 9: BACK TOGETHER AND POLYJUCIE POTION

Harry's Prov

I'm walking the halls headed back to the common room when I hear the voice again "Blood...I want that..." I look over to the wall placing my hand on it and lowering my ear to it "They all...must die..." I follow the voice down and down the wall as it gets louder "Kill...kill...kill" I lean off the wall as it starts to disappear not before I hear the words.

"It's time...time to kill! " I gulp as I look around and make my way off again. I'm walking up one of the smaller staircases that lead to the big moving ones, I'm still a little freaked with the whole hearing voice thing that I startled myself when my face came close to a chicken that is being carried by none other than Hagrid himself.

"Hello Harry, you alright?" he asks "Hagrid, what are you doing here?" I ask looking up at my giant friend "Second one killed this term. I reckon it's either a fox or a blood sucking bugbear so I've just been up at Dumbledore's getting permission to put a little charm around the old hen coop" Hagrid replies looking at the dead chicken in his hands and then at me.

"You sure your alright? Your awful hot and bothered" Hagrid must've noticed how little on edge I am "It's nothing. Look I better get going, I've got a lot of studying" I reply walking past him and up the stairs.

I quickly turn back to him and smile before making my way up the staircases. I walk around one of the corners when I notice water covering the floor again, I look up and see Nearly Headless Nick floating completely still in mid air.

I walk around him and notice two bodies on the floor, I walk up to the first one and notice that it's Justin completely frozen cold on the ground. I hear a slight groan and I look up to see the second body, I catch a glimpse of the crimson red hair, Oh on Caitlin! I quickly stand up and rush over to her and kneeling down beside her.

Oh no please don't be petrified as well "Caitlin! Caitlin!" I shake her and shake her till I hear a groan escape her mouth and I sigh in relief thank goodness she's still alive. I shake her once more since she didn't move and nearly get hit when she quickly sits up and gasps breathing heavily and looking around the room in panic.

"Caitlin" she finally looks at me but doesn't calm he breathing "H-Harry? W-what are you doing here?" "Me? What about you?" I ask at the panicking girl in front of me "I-I don't know. I was walking the halls...when all of a s-sudden I-I passed out and then..." she stops mid sentence and I look at her "and then?" "I-I don't remember...I have no idea after that..." she looks so scared and it pains me.

she looks up and notices Nearly Headless Nick. She scrambles to her feet and walks over to Justin "No. Harry...w-what did I do?" she asks weakly looking at her hands shakily I shrug not knowing what to say "Harry Potter, what did I do?" "I-I don't know. I don't even know what you're talking about" she looks so close to tears and I take a step towards.

"No" she says taking a step away "I'm a monster" "No you're not. your Caitlin Reynolds...my best friend, you're not a monster and you will never be one" I tell her holding her by the shoulder and looking into her eyes that are filled with tears.

"Harry. I'm so scared, I don't know what's happening to me" she cries gripping onto my robes "What do you mean?" "First the glowing eyes, then the constant blacking out and having no memory afterwards and now this. I'm so scared, Harry" I pull her close to me and hug her tight as she continues to cry into my chest and I stroke her long soft beautiful unique hair "It's ok. We'll sort it out" she's about to say something when we hear voices and footsteps coming from the opposite direction.

I pull back and look at her turning my attention away from the mob coming "Alright, go" she turns to me "What?" "You heard me. Go before they see you" "And what leave you here to deal with them? No way" Caitlin says grabbing onto my arms "Please Caitlin, I don't want you to get in trouble" she shakes her head.