CHAPTER 6: LEGENDS AND QUIDDITCH GAMES

Caitlin's Prov

I quietly yawn into my hand before rubbing my eye and returning back to scribbling on my piece of parchment paper, Hermione nudges me and I look at her "Hey, you ok? That's the third you've yawned since stepping into class" she whispers "Yeah I'm fine. I just didn't get a good sleep" I whisper back. She nods then turns back to her work, it's true though I didn't get much sleep last night.

After the whole Mrs Norris thing I couldn't stop tossing and turning in my bed I kept getting a terrible feeling in my gut as if something very, very bad was coming. No matter how much I tried I couldn't shake the feeling off kinda as if someone was watching me...so it made it very hard to get any sleep last night.

"Could I have your attention please" Professor McGonagall asks getting up from her seat, right now we were in Transfiguration class, we all look up to the teacher as she begins to speak.

"Right, now, today we will be transforming our animals into water goblets. Like so 1...2...3...Vera Verto" with 3 taps of her wand the black and white Hornbill that was sitting on her desk transforms in a elegant water goblet. Wow

"Now, it's your turn. Well who would like to go first" McGonagall walks forward for a bit "Ah Mr Weasley. 1 2 3 Vera Verto" she instructs standing in front of Ron. He clears his throat and taps 3 times "Vera Verto" he chants but due to his broken wand, his pet rat Scabbers turns into a furry goblet with its tail still swinging up and down.

 He clears his throat and taps 3 times "Vera Verto" he chants but due to his broken wand, his pet rat Scabbers turns into a furry goblet with its tail still swinging up and down

We all can't help but laugh a little "That wand needs replacing Mr Weasley" she walk away and turns to me "Miss Reynolds, please have a go" I nod my head and pull out my wand. In front of me I have a cute white dove in front of me, I take a deep breath and tape my wand gently on the dove 3 times before saying "Vera Verto" and before my eyes the once white dove that sat before me transform into a beautiful crystal clear goblet with white elegant designs on it.

"Excellent, Miss Reynolds. 10 points to Gryffindor" she says smiling at me and just as she's about to walk fully away Hermione raises her hand up "Yes, Miss Granger?" "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about...The Chamber of Secrets" McGonagall stays quiet for a moment looking at all of us as we wait for her to give a response and by the looks of things we all want to know.

"Very well. Well you all know of course, that Hogwarts was founded over 1000 years ago by the 4 greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Now 3 of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously one did not" "3 guesses who" Ron says to Harry .

"Salazar Slytherin was more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts, he believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families, in other words purebloods. Unable to persuade the others he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as The Chamber of Secrets, though shortly before departing he sealed it until that time when he's own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within and by so doing purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin view seemed unworthy to study magic" Professor explains.