CHAPTER 4: HOGWARTS AND THE SORTING HAT

Caitlin's Prov

While we were on the train we started telling each other about ourselves and the life style we grew up in, I was actually surprised to find out that Harry's family caretakers were the Dursley's. That was the family who held the work party the day my newly found out uncle come back from drunk of his a** and started beating me. I didn't blame Harry for it though, he didn't know the one of the families that came were mine.

 Harry explained that he was left on their doorstep when he was just a baby, how they made him live in a broom closet, wasn't allowed to go out anywhere, never received a birthday or Christmas present, he told me how he was given all of his cousin Dudley's old clothes that why they were a little big for him.

"Oh Harry I'm so sorry you had to live like that" I said he really didn't need to be treated like that "It's ok not your fault. What about you?" he asks I was hesitant to answer him but after hearing his story I just knew I could trust him so I told him my story. I explained to him how I did in fact have a room and nice clothes but only because I found them hidden in a box all the way in the roof attic which I think now belong to my actual mother.

I explained how the people who I was living with weren't my actual parents like I thought they were or made to believe, how I was made to do all the housework and cooking, I never received a present for anything just like him and last but not least I explained how I was abused and beaten by them.

 I told him all about the night my 'aunt and uncle' went to the Dursley's work house party, coming home drunk and started beating me and cursing words at me (when Harry heard that his eyes went bigger than I could image), how I couldn't take it anymore, packed all my things and ran for it, that had been living in a small blanket covered shelter on the street for about week and how I ended up in diagon alley before I ran into him and for the first time in my life I felt happy finally being able to get everything off my chest not realizing until now just how much I had been holding in.

Harry's Prov

When Caitlin told me her story I was so shocked I can't believe she put up with that family for that long, I really thought I had it bad but she seemed to have it much worse. As she was telling me of the night she ran away I felt anger swell up in my chest that those people who are meant to be her family bossed her and beat her around like that and I hated the fact that my aunt and uncle knew the people.

When I first meet her I notice that on the right corner of her lip was small cut with dried up blood but I didn't ask cause it wasn't my place to. When she first started telling me I felt like she didn't need to if she didn't want to but I could tell in her beautiful hazel eyes that she trusted me enough.

"Caitlin I'm so sorry what happened" "It's ok Harry, it wasn't your fault" she replied back to me "But still...what happened to you shouldn't have happened, you are such a strong, kind, funny girl who didn't deserve to be beaten and slaved around like that. I promise you that I will never ever do something to hurt or upset you, no one should be treated that way!" I exclaimed scooting closer and leaning over placing my hands over hers that were seated on her knees of course "Thank you Harry, that's really sweet" I didn't miss the little blush cover her cheeks as we stared at each other. Cute, just then we heard someone clearing their voice I pulled my hands back to me and we both looked to see the boy from the platform, Ron if I remember correctly.    

"Sorry didn't mean to interrupt you two but do you mind if I sit with you's? Everywhere else is full" I look at Caitlin who gives me a smile and nod "Not at all and it's ok you didn't interrupt anything" I said gesturing to the seat he smiles in thank you and sits down next to Caitlin.

"Right I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley" "I'm Harry, Harry Potter" he's widen a little at the mention of my name "So...so it's true I mean do you really have the..." "The what?" "Scar" he says a little more quieter "Oh yeah" I said holding up the front of my hair to show him the scar "Wicked!" Ron says "What's your name?" Ron asks turning to Caitlin "I'm Caitlin, Caitlin Reynolds" she says as they shake hands "Cool".