CHAPTER 2: GRINGOTTS AND THE BOY WITH THE SCAR

Caitlin's Prov

I woke up to the bustling sounds of cars beeping horns, traffic, people on the phone as they walk to their jobs, birds. I lifted my head off the ground and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand, pulling back the cover of the sheet and steeping out into the sunlight raising my arms over my head to stretch them out. It's been a week since I ran away and started living on the streets in the small shelter I found.

To most people they'd find it a little revolting and sad but to me it's a step up from my previous living arrangements. I didn't have to worry about being beaten or having any broken bones (left arm 3, right 1, right ankle 2) and that's just in the last 2 years.

"Good morning world" I said quietly to myself, I looked down at my watch and saw that it read 7:20 I sat down in front of the shelter knees up with my arms resting on them as I tried to figure out what I was going to do today. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the Hogwarts letter I received reading it over and over again, I look inside the envelope to see another note with the list of all the things I require (all students must be equip with- 1 standard size 2 pewter cauldron, 1 wand, list of all subject books and may bring if so desire either a owl, cat or toad)

I read it over it about 3 times 'I really want to go to this school' 'but how in the world am I going to find it?' 'it could be anywhere' 'no I have to go to this school, I'm determined to find it' all these thoughts went rushing through my head that I hadn't notice an owl land right in front of me with a letter in his beak "Oh thank you" I said to it as I reached out to grab the letter from its beak, open it and began to read it.

Dear Caitlin

How are you my dear? I heard you got your acceptance letter to Hogwarts you must be so excited. I know your parents would be so proud of you. I know it's late for you to know this but the people who raised you aren't your actual parents they are in fact your aunt and uncle your aunt comes from your mother side in fact both your mother and father were a great witch and wizard 2 of the best I've ever known, but I'm also sorry to say that time isn't right for you to know the full story of your parents but you will be told everything in time I promise.

 I am aware that you have ran from home and probably want to find the school and your supplies but don't know where to go but not worry my child the owl I sent with this letter will guide you to Gringotts the wizard bank for you to make a withdrawal and if need will guide you to the other stores. I can't wait for you to start your journey to become a wonderful witch I know you will become just like your mother.

PS: the key to unlock your vault lays near your heart

Yours sincerely,

Grandfather

Wait the people who I thought were my parents were my actually my aunt and uncle on my mum's side!? I spent half my life being beaten up by those people! This is weird I'm a witch? Both my actual parents are wizards! I have a grandfather I didn't even know about? And what the heck is 'Gringotts' and what does he mean by 'the key to my vault lays near my heart'. 

I look up at the owl preached on a box in front of me staring right back at me "So you really know where to go?" I ask it raising an eyebrow at him as he nods his head in response "All the places?" He double nods again "Ok well lead the way I guess" as soon as I say those words the owl flaps it wings and begins to float in the air, I quickly reach in a grab my suitcase and follow the strange owl down the busy sidewalk.

I realize that I'm getting some weird looks from people and I can't really blame them I mean if you saw an 11 year old girl rushing down the busy streets following an owl in broad daylight with a suitcase in her hand you'd kinda think the same as well but I also think that some people should mind their own damn business. After 15 minutes I notice it finally comes to a stop and is sitting on a sign 'The Leaky Cauldron' it reads I look at the building and up to the owl who seems to be gesturing its head to go in "You want me to go in here?" I ask pointing my index finger at the door, I know a silly question to an owl who's literally jerking its head towards the door but I am curious as to where this owl is leading me exactly. I take a big deep breath in before slowly opening the door to reveal a pub looking place.