CHAPTER 8: PARACHUTES AND UNLOCKING THE GOLDEN EGG

Harry's Prov

The ball was has been going great so far, I've had a lot of fun so far. I wish I could say Ron was as well but unfortunately it was the exact opposite. He spent most of the night glaring and complaining about Hermione and Krum basically every chance he got, I tried to listen and nod as best I could but honestly I kinda wished he'd stop. At the moment Padma, Ron and I were sitting at an empty table watching everyone dance and have a great time. I continued to watch and smile at Caitlin as she danced and laughed with her Grandfather, flashing me a smile every once in a while. I'm glad she was having a great time.

Everyone continued to dance when I suddenly noticed Dumbledore leading her to the stage where she walked until she stood in front of a mic. "Um...Can I have everyone's attention please" her voice echoed out at the same time on Dumbledore's signal the music lowered until everyone had stopped dancing and turned towards my girl on the stage. 

"Ok so first things first on behalf of the Hogwarts staff thank you to everyone who has come out to this years Yule Ball , all you ladies looks absolutely lovely and don't worry gentleman you all looking handsome yourself and I would like to say thank you to all the headmasters and mistress's along with the teachers, our one of a kind grounds keeper and the students who helped planned this beautiful winter wonderland night for all us to enjoy, so please give a big round of applause to these amazing, hardworking people" Everyone clapped and some whistled as Hagrid, the teachers and headmasters all did silent thanks you.

When the clapping died down Caitlin spoke into the mic again "And second of all Professor Dumbledore has kindly asked me to introduce the huge surprise that I and Professor Dumbledore have prepared for you...but before that I have been asked to perform, it has been a tradition that one member from the Gryffindor line would get up and perform something special to share with you guys but when all thought the family line had died, so did the tradition and so it has now been years since that once in a lifetime tradition was last performed. But..now that I...well have been announced as the long lost heiress...it would be an honor to carrying on the tradition even if it's for this one night" 

Caitlin quickly looks at me before looking back down at the ground "So...um to honor that tradition and to honor my mother...I have written a song of my very own. And helping me perform it tonight, who have kindly agreed to play with me please welcome your huge surprise to join me on the stage the Weird Sisters!" I had to block my ears as everyone screamed and cheered almost as if it was a super power as we watched all 8 members walk out on stage. "No way! She got the Weird Sisters to come and perform at our school! They are the coolest and most popular rock band in the Wizarding World!" Ron exclaimed 

I clapped along with the others as the members took a bow "Thank you, thank you to Professor Dumbledore for arranging this  and it is an honor for us to play for you tonight and of course we can't forget the beautiful young heiress. As you all know we are the Weird Sisters-"AHHHHHHHHH!!!" everyone cheered "-Thank you. And we have been kindly asked to help perform an amazing song so take it away Caitlin" "Thank you, Myron. Well then everyone please grab hold of your partner, were uh...going to slow things down a bit. This song is about one of the most amazing person to come into my life, someone I know who will always catch me when I fall, who makes me feel safe.This song is called Parachute"

I remember life before
Faraway dreams and locking doors
Then you came, then you came
Afraid to fall, to be free
Always my own worst enemy
Isn't what, what you see
I took time to realize
That I couldn't do it by myself, myself

There's no gravity when you're next to me
You will always break my fall, like a parachute
When you're holding me so weightless I can barely breathe
You will always break my fall, my fall
Like a parachute
You're my parachute