CHAPTER 13: THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE PT 2: GAINING THE STONE

Harry's Prov

I open the door and walk down a pile of stairs that lead to the next room as I get closer my scar starts to sting and I wince in pain as I place my hand over it. When I walk into the room and i see the Mirror of Esrid and standing in front of it is a person. But it's not Snape like I expected instead the persons wearing a purple turban.

And then it hits me. Who's the only person in the school that wears a turban? Professor Quirrell turns around and looks at me with evil in his eyes. "No, it can't be, Snape. He was the-it was-but he" "Yes, he does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would expect p-p-p-poor, st-t-tuttering Professor Quirrell" he says "But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me" I say walker closer to the professor.

"No, dear boy. I tried to kill you. And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter-curse" he explains "Snape was trying to save me?" I ask in disbelief "I knew you were a danger to me right from the off, especially after Halloween" Quirrell continues. The more he talks and explains, the more everything makes sense. Him at the Quidditch game, at the bathroom, Snape and Quirrell in the hallway, I can't believe I didn't connect the dots.

"Then-then you let the troll in?" "Very good Potter, yes. Snape however unfortunately wasn't fooled, while everyone was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He of course, never trusted me again. But he doesn't understand...I'm never alone" Quirrell explains turning back to the mirror. I wince in pain as my scar starts to burn again but the pain this time is more intense. "Now,...what does this mirror do?" he asks staring into the mirror.

"I see what I desire, I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?!" "Use the boy" hisses an evil and low voice, Quirrell slightly turns to me "Come here Potter!" he commands and I walk closer to him till I'm right in front of the mirror "What do you see?" he asks obsessively. I peer into the mirror but only see me and Professor Quirrell but in a millisecond I see a flop of crimson red hair and when it gets to me I see Caitlin behind me but how?.

I tense a little when I see mirror Caitlin wrap her arms around me, one around my neck and the other vertically across my arm as her hand is rested on my heart and her chin is on my shoulder. But what does she have anything to do with this? Then mirror image Caitlin slides her hand that was resting on my heart down my chest and down my stomach before finally sliding it into my right side pocket and pulling something out of it.

I examine what's in her hand as she holds it in front of me, its red and looks hard, it looks like a stone. Wait is that The Philosopher's Stone? The mirror version of Caitlin smirks and winks at me before putting the stone back in my pocket. I then feel something slightly heavy in my pocket and reached down to slightly touch my pocket to feel that the stone really is inside my pocket " What is it? What do you see?" Quirrell asks sounding alert "Tell me!" so I think of the quickest lie I could.

"I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I-I've won the house cup" "He lies " hisses the voice again "Tell the truth! What do you see!" "Let me speak to him" "Master, you are not strong enough" just who is Quirrell talking to, as he's having a convocation with his 'master' I slowly back myself away "I have strength, enough for this" the voice hisses and professor Quirrell starts to unwrap his turban on his head turning around to face me so whatever wants to talk to me, I can see through the mirror.

 Once it's completely off an ugly face appears on the back of his head "Harry Potter. We meet again " it hisses "Voldemort" I whisper under my breath "Yes. You see what I've become? See what I must do to survive live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me but it cannot give a body of my own. But there is something that can, something...that conveniently lies in your pocket " I begin to make a run for the exit "Stop him! " Voldemort commands and at the snap of Quirrell's fingers fire emerges around the room and in front of me blocking me from the exit, trapping me in the room.

I look for another exit but I can't see one so I end up facing the two faced combined person "Don't be a fool. Why suffer a horrific death, when you can join me and live" "Never!" I shout at him and he laughs in amusement "Bravery. You're parents had it, too. So did that pretty little girl of yours, Caitlin was her name, right? Tell me, Harry, would you like to see your mother and father again? Would you like the girl who's stolen your heart's pain to go away? I can feel her life slipping further and further away by the minute, She's so very close to death. I can save her and vanish her pain quickly. You can be with her again along with your parents. Together, we can bring them back- " I look behind him in the mirror and see my parents smiling at me and Caitlin, looking at me with her enchanting hazel eyes that I love so much, not  a single scratch, or dust covering her face and no blood wound.

"-All I ask, is for something in return" Voldemort finishes. I reach into my pocket and take out the stone "That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it. Together, we will do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" Voldemort explains. I look behind him to look at my parents and Caitlin. Caitlin shakes her head and then her and my parents fade away "You liar!" I yell "KILL HIM! " Voldemort yells furiously.

At that command Professor Quirrell comes flying at me with his hand around my throat, pinning me against the stone hard steps as the stone rolls out of my hand. I try to reach for it but Quirrell keeps applying more pressure in his hold making it hard for me to breath. I grab onto his hand to try and pry it off me when I see smoke coming up and he yells in pain as his hand releases my neck. I gasp for air then look at my hands in amazement then turn to Quirrell to see his hand crumble to dust "What is this magic?" he yells.

"Fool! Get the stone!" Voldemort shouts. I quickly look at the stone then back at Quirrell who makes a break for the stone but an idea comes to me, as he comes closer I place my hands on his face and watch him scream in pain as his whole face begins to smoke up and break into pieces. I push him to the wall and let go. I look at Quirrell whose whole body now has turned to stone and crumbles into a dust pile right in front of m, the only thing remaining is his clothes.

 I look at Quirrell whose whole body now has turned to stone and crumbles into a dust pile right in front of m, the only thing remaining is his clothes

I wait a few seconds to make sure him and Voldemort are really gone before walking over and picking up the stone, holding it victoriously in my hand. I did it. I don't know how but actually did it. I can't stop smiling, now I can finally return to my friends. A strange sound that's coming from behind me startles me and I turn around to see a greyish cloud of something arises from the remains, I'm guessing it Voldemort's soul. It screams and charges at me directly and before I can react, he floats through me like a huge gust of wind, knocking me to the ground. Before I black out completely I swear I hear someone shout out "Harry!" and I recognize that voice anywhere but soon darkness takes over me.

To be continued...