CHAPTER 4:INTERVIEWS AND THAT'S THE FIRST TASK?!

Harry's Prov

I don't understand how this had happened? How did my name end up in the goblet? I didn't even enter. I was in the room of champions (A/N: I don't actually know what that room is called) with other champions when I heard my name "Harry!" I turned towards the voice "Harry!" Caitlin said as she came running down the stairs and bulldozing me over in a tight hug, lucky I managed to keep us both balanced. "Harry, please look at me. Swear to me that you didn't put your name in that goblet. Please Harry" she pleaded pulling away to look at me with fear and worry in her eyes "I swear I didn't" she breathes a sigh of relief "I know. I just had to make sure. I had to get to you before the teachers did" I pull her into me for another hug needing all the comfort I can get and it all felt right

But that was ruined when the voices of the Headmasters and teachers could be heard from the top of the stairs "It's wrong, I tell you!-" "-You French Tart-" "-Everything is a conspiracy theory!-" "-Quiet! I can't think!-" "Everything is a conspiracy theory!-" "I protest. I protest!" "Harry. Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asks in a slight anger voice grabbing me by the shoulders "Grand-Professor!" Caitlin corrects herself "No, Sir" I answered slightly shuttered at the contact "Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" "No, sir." "You're absolutely sure?" "Yes. Yes sir" "Harry wouldn't do a stupid stunt like this, it's not like him" Caitlin tries to reason with her Grandfather.

"But of course he is lying." Madame Maxine says hitting a lamp out of here way "The hell he is! The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could've hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year" Mad-Eye grues talking my side  "You seem to ave given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye." Headmaster Igor interrogates Mad-Eye "It was once my job to think as dark wizard do, Karkaroff, perhaps you remember." "This doesn't help, Alastor" Dumbledore says pushing between the two men "Professor please. It couldn't have been Harry, there's no way it could've. He's basically with me nearly every 24/7 and he's not stupid enough to walk around the school at night just to put his name in a cup, especially in a tournament that could kill him." Caitlin states.

It's quiet as everyone sinks in Caitlin's words, she keeps her hand in mine for comfort as the teachers, ministry and headmasters try to contemplate what to do next. "Please Professor. Don't put Harry through this. For my sake." "Leave this to you, Barty" Dumbledore says in a more gentler voice turning his gaze from his granddaughter "The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter has no choice. He is, as of tonight...a Triwizard champion"

******************************

Narrator's Prov

 The pitch black night outside continues to pour down with heavy rain, where up in one of the highest towers of the school Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape discuss the Potter situation with Mad-Eye in the corner. "This can't go, Albus. First the Dark Mark. Now this? " McGonagall says throwing her arm up "What do you suggest, Minerva?" Dumbledore asks as he looms over a sink that illuminates his face in a bright blue light "Put an end to it. Don't let Potter compete." "You heard Barty. The rules are clear" "Well, the devil with Barty and his rules. And since when did you accommodate the Ministry?" The woman in green robes questions.

"Headmaster, I too find it difficult to believe this mere coincidence.  However, if we are truly discover the meaning of these events...perhaps we should, for the time being...let them unfold" Snape says steeping forward in place with McGonagall who  looks at him in disbelief "What...? Do nothing? Offer him up as bait? Potter is a boy, not a piece of meat" "I agree.With Severus. Alastor, keep an eye on Harry will you?" "I can do that" Mad-Eye answers getting up from his spot.