CHAPTER 10: CRYSTAL BALLS AND FULL MOONS PT 2

Harry's Prov

"Sorry about the bite. I bet that twinges a bit" Sirius says as me and him help support Ron as we begin to make our way out of the tunnel and to the castle "A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off" Ron wines "Now, I was going for the rat" Sirius retorts defending himself "Normally I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with, but the flea's...they're murder" I smile at his words but turn my attention away when I hear a soft yelp.

I turn it to the source which came from Caitlin as she stumbles and balances herself again "Caitlin you ok?" I ask "Yeah I'm fine, nearly tripped is all" she responds looking back over her shoulder flashes me a smile before continuing on ahead of us.

"Caitlin?" "Yes?" she says turning back to look at Sirius "I wanted to say thank you for believing me, I was worried you wouldn't" "It likes you said, I could feel it, I could feel that you weren't a bad person or a threat. I could feel that you were innocent, how could I not believe my uncle after that" Sirius looks taken back but smile as if he's close to tears.

 "You look so much like your mother...so strong and beautiful. I want you to know that I loved your mother and cared for your father very much, they were two of my bestest friends, I care about you" Caitlin quickly walks over and gives Sirius a quick hug "I know you do" she flashes us one of her award winning smiles and continues on ahead of us.

 I watch her cautiously, not wanting her to slip out of view encase anything bad happens but turn my attention to the chuckling voices beside me after I tune back in "Pardon?" I ask clearly missing part of the conversation, the two share a knowing look and yet Sirius merely meets my eye and says "Nothing".

We climb out from the tunnel a few minutes later and place Ron down on a rock Caitlin crouches down beside him first then soon is followed by Hermione and then me. as Hermione rolls up the bottom of Ron's pants so we can see the wound I look up briefly and see Sirius walking away from us closer to the castle as he looks up at it "Go to him Harry" Caitlin says noticing were my gaze is "No. No. Don't worry I'll stay" I don't feel right about leaving Ron no matter how badly I wanted to follow my godfather.

Caitlin reaches over and gently squeezes my hand "Harry, I know you wanna be here for Ron but I'm telling you if you don't go now you might never get another chance. Go" Caitlin's right as usual, I look at Ron quickly asking if he's ok he gestures with his head to go follow him.

So I do. I make my towards Sirius still hearing my friends and girlfriend talk "Ow. That looks really painful" I hear Hermione say "So painful...they, uh...they might chop it off" Ron over dramatizes "I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat" "It's too late. It's ruined...they'll have to chop it off" I can practically feel Caitlin rolling her eyes.

they'll have to chop it off" I can practically feel Caitlin rolling her eyes