CHAPTER 16: TRUTH'S AND END OF SECOND YEAR

Caitlin's Prov

Right now Ron, Harry and I were all in Dumbledore's office. After Madam Pomfrey announced I was ok, Dumbledore called the 3 of us in to talk "You both realize of course...that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules" Dumbledore scolds "Yes sir" Ron and Harry reply quietly.

 "Miss Reynolds, you should have come to me as soon as you suspected that you were the heir of Slytherin. You could've been facing much more than expulsion" he says "But-" he raises an eyebrow at me so I lower my head and sigh "Yes, sir" "Therefore. It is only fitting...that all 3 of you should receive...special awards for services to the school" wait what? I was not expecting that.

I look over to the boys who look at each other happily then Ron turns to Dumbledore and says "Thanks, sir" I frown as I feel a pang of guilt "Professor, I'm sorry but I don't think I can accept an award like that" "And why not?" he asks "Well, It's just...I was the one responsible for the petrifaction's in the first pl-" 

"Now, now, Miss Reynolds. You did so under your will, it is not your fault and you did save all these people's lives. Tom Riddle would have made sure that they died rather than just be petrified" he says and I smile gratefully as he winks at me "Now in the future, I suggest not saying anything when someone freely offers you an award" I giggle "Yes, sir" he smiles in return and turns back to Ron.

"And now, Mr Weasley, if you would have an owl deliver these release papers from Azkaban. I believe we...we want our gamekeeper back" I smile relieved that Hagrid will no longer be held up in that bloody prison. I know I should let Harry and Dumbledore talk privately but there are something's I need ask him about.

"Harry, first I want to thank you. You must've shown me real loyalty down in the chamber, nothing but that could call Fawkes to you" he says gesturing to his beautiful red Phoenix.

"And second, I sense something is troubling you. Am I right, Harry?" he asks walking in front of Harry "It's just...you see sir, I couldn't help but notice certain things. Certain similarities between Tom Riddle and me, just like Caitlin's connection to him...was through his brother, her father" Harry says to Dumbledore and I look down and play with my father's ring that was on my right hand middle finger.

"I see, well..." Dumbledore walks over to me placing a hand on my shoulder as we walk back to Harry "You can speak parseltongue Harry, why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak parseltongue. If I'm not mistaken Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar" he says pointing to Harry's scar, wait so my uncle who happens to be the most feared dark wizard did that?

 "Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?" Harry asks and Dumbledore nods "Not intentionally but yes. As you were correct, Miss Reynolds powers only come from her father's family connection" Dumbledore says as he walks back around to his desk.

"So the Sorting Hat was right. Caitlin and I should be in Slytherin" Harry says gesturing to the hat "It's true Harry, you two posses the many qualities that Voldemort himself prizes. Determination, resourcefulness and if I may say so a certain disregard for the rules. Why then did the Sorting Hat place you two in Gryffindor?" he asks ad Harry and I looked at each other "Because we asked it to" I reply.

"Exactly, which is what makes you two different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities or bloodlines that show who we really are, it is our choices. Your father Caitlin, is best example for that, for him may have been a Slytherin and part of that family line...but it was his choice to be exactly who he was...a loyal, brave and kind person" I smile when I hear my dad been talked about like that and he's right.