CHAPTER 10: CRYSTAL BALLS AND FULL MOONS

***Time Skip***

Harry's Prov

The weekend past and we were back in classes again. Right now Ron and I were in Divination with a crystal ball in front of us, I honestly had no idea what we were supposed to be doing. "Borden your minds! You must look beyond! The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the inner eye. Only then can you see. Try again" Professor Trelawney says explaining something about today's lesson.

I rested my chin in my arms as they laid on the table staring at the crystal ball and Ron had his cheek rested in one hands and had a stupid look on his face as he face slowly slipped from his hands as he was snoring slightly away, I was almost asleep myself. But when I saw Professor Trelawney approaching us I quickly hit Ron awake just in time for her to reach our table as we sit up straight and look like we've been paying attention. 

"Now, what do we have here, hmm?" Trelawney asks "Oh, do you mind me trying?" Hermione asks from beside Ron. I blink a few times and then quickly look to my side to see Caitlin sitting next to me from suddenly out of nowhere. How do these two girls also manage to show up sitting beside us without us knowing or seeing them come in "Ah...ah," Professor Trelawney replies amused "The grim...possibly" Hermione states confidently.

 "My dear...from the first moment you stepped foot in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for Divination" Trelawney says calmly as grabs hold of Hermione's hand and furrows her eyebrows and points to a line on Hermione palm "Ah, you may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's. Your soul, as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave, mm hmm" she finishes patting her hand lazily.

I see Caitlin pinch the bridge of her nose and shakes her head as if Professor Trelawney shouldn't have said that and I guess she was right. Hermione exhales loudly shaking her hand from the teacher's grip, stands up and roughly pushes the crystal ball the table before storming out of the classroom. Whispers begin to upraise but is soon silenced as Caitlin stands up and grosses her arms giving everyone in the room a stern warning look before rushing out after Hermione.

 "Have I said something?" Professor Trelawney asks realizing the tension in the room. Class gets back on its way and when the bell rings for us to finally leave Ron and I grab our stuff and begin walking out and down the spiral staircase "She's gone mental Hermione has. I mean, not that she wasn't always mental but now it's out in the open for everyone to see" "Better not let Caitlin hear you say that" I reply and he gulps and gets a look of fear in his eyes as if he's imagining the possibilities of Caitlin wrath "Hang on...we better take this back" I say picking up the crystal ball Hermione had knocked off "I'm not going back" Ron says and I roll my eyes "Fine. See you later" "See you".

I make my way back up the stairs and walk cautiously into Professor Trelawney's classroom. I reach her table that is near her chair and place the crystal ball on it. I'm about to leave when something inside the crystal ball catches my eye. I look deeper into the ball and can see a face forming and a voice talking so quietly it's hardly a whisper "Harry Potter"

 I look deeper into the ball and can see a face forming and a voice talking so quietly it's hardly a whisper "Harry Potter"