CHAPTER 3: CURSES AND COMPETITORS

Harry's Prov

Caitlin barely said anything when she got back to the table and didn't want to look up at anyone in the process. They kept trying to ask her question or understand just how she was the Gryffindor heiress but she remained silent throughout the entire meal. "Your attention please" Dumbledore's voice rings out as we all turn to look at him and I notice a gold tall statue like thing is right next to him "I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks" "Wicked" the twins speak.

 "For this reason, the Ministry has seen to impose a new rule. To explain all this...we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Mr Bartemius Crouch" I could feel Caitlin's eye glaring at the man as she still hated him from when he's man manhandled her at the world cup and blamed her for Voldemort's mark, I placed a hand over hers as she soon calmed down. Looking back over to the professors and people of the ministry until a lightening crash is heard overhead as it came from the ceiling all slightly ducking until we see a plasma of purple light that gets rid of the storm. Looking over at where it came from  I noticed a guy in the corner who had scars on his face and had a glass eye. 

"Bloody hell. It's Mad-Eye Moody" Ron whisperers to us "Alastor Moody? The Auror?" Hermione asks hoping she's right  "Auror?" Dean asks leaning over to us "Dark-wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him" "Really? He's that good?" Caitlin asks and Ron nods in confirm "He's supposed to be mad as a hatter, though, these days" we watch as he uses his cane to awkwardly get down the stairs to shake hand with Dumbledore "My dear old friend, thanks for coming" "Stupid ceiling." "Thank you" he stands near one of the fire laps and turns to quickly take a swig of something "What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Seamus asks leaning forward to whisper to us.

"I don't know, but I don't think it's pumpkin juice" I replied looking at him curiously "Yeah well he's giving me the creeps and I'm meaning the ones that signal danger. Call it wolf instincts" Caitlin adds in but whispers that last comment part to me, as she doesn't need the other housemates knowing she's an animagus on top of everything else she's been announced as. One thing we know about Caitlin is that if she has a bad feeling about something or someone we probably should be careful. Barty and Dumbledore come around to the front as Barty begins to speak "After due consideration the ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final" 

As to be expected this caused a bit of an upraise as someone from the Hufflepuff table shouted "That's not fair!" "That's rubbish!" the twins shouted out "That's rubbish!" "You don't know what you're doing!" but I could tell by the look on Dumbled...

As to be expected this caused a bit of an upraise as someone from the Hufflepuff table shouted "That's not fair!" "That's rubbish!" the twins shouted out "That's rubbish!" "You don't know what you're doing!" but I could tell by the look on Dumbledore's face he was not going to tolerate this behavior "Silence!" "They're not too happy about that, then" Hermione quickly comments. We all turn to look at the front as Dumbledore raises his wand and the golden case begins to shrink away until it reveals a goblet that begins to burn with blue fire.