CHAPTER 7: NIGHT SKIES AND THE YULE BALL

Caitlin's Prov

By the time Grandpa and I had come back it was just before bedtime so when I reached the dormitory that night I was surprised yet happy to see Hermione had waited up for me. So I told her everything that happened and when I had finally finished we headed off to bed. It was now the next day when I woke up to see a letter sent from Grandpa to come and see him later today, saying that he had something he wanted to give me. I got up and got dressed in some jeans and hoodie, brushed my hair as my blonde streaks stood out against my crimson coloured hair and went down to breakfast.

When I got to the great hall I saw my friends and boyfriend already sitting down eating so I walked over kissed Harry on the cheek and sat down with them. I was so glad that Harry and Ron were back to being friends I hated us being divided like that. When Harry and Ron asked me about the dinner I told them all about it. Well I left out the part of Cedric not wanting to upset Harry but luckily Harry acted the same as always as he wrapped his arms around me as we chatted and laughed with Hermione and Ron. We had spent most of the day together until I got up to go and see Grandpa. Harry walked me over there not letting my hand go until we had reached his office. 

When I reached the top I knocked on his door "Come in" I pushed the door open "Hey Grandpa. You wanted to show me something?" I asked closing the door and walking over to him "Indeed I did. Come here" I took my Grandfather's hand as he led me towards his desk where a big white box was sitting on top. From the remaining dust I could tell that whatever was in this box hadn't been taken out in years. "What's in it?" I asked looking up at him "Open it and find out" Feeling nervous of what could be inside I gently lifted the lid off and I gasped when I saw what lay there. It was dress. I lifted it out of the box and walked over to a foot length mirror in the corner and  held the dress to my body, I was lost for words for how gorgeous it was "Grandpa...it's beautiful"

Grandpa's reflection smiled softly as he stood behind me "I"m glad you like it. It was your mothers" what? Grandpa nodded "This was the exact same dress Venus wore to her ball. She had made it herself, I remember like it wasn't that long ago when I saw her descend the stairs where Malachite and I were waiting at the bottom. She looked so beautiful, so grown up" I saw a tear fall down Grandpa's cheek as he recalled the memory and i felt a tear to as I stood there looking at the dress in the mirror and picturing my parents and my mum dressed up perfectly in this gown "She would of wanted you to have it. But there is something missing" "What's that?" just then Grandpa let something slightly slip from his grasp as it dangled in my face. 

It was a gold plated necklace with a crystal stone as the pendant, simple yet beautiful and it looked beautiful with the dress

It was a gold plated necklace with a crystal stone as the pendant, simple yet beautiful and it looked beautiful with the dress. "Now this is from me to you. Treat it well" Grandpa says as he clasps it around my neck "I love you, Caitlin" I quickly but gently put the dress down and turn around and hug him "I love you too, Grandpa"