CHAPTER 9: THE SECOND TASK AND WHO KILLED BARTY CROUCH?

Caitlin's Prov

The night after Harry had unlocked the clue to the egg Hermione, Ron and I along with Harry decided to go to the library to figure out more of the second task and to find something that could help Harry hold his breath underwater before it was tim...

The night after Harry had unlocked the clue to the egg Hermione, Ron and I along with Harry decided to go to the library to figure out more of the second task and to find something that could help Harry hold his breath underwater before it was time for bed. I sat on top of the desk, Harry was beside but on a chair with his head laying on top of an open book, Ron was sitting on the other side snoring away as he slept and Hermione was pacing back and forth with the egg in her hand. I looked down beside me as Harry laid there taking his small nap, poor guy. The dreams that have been haunting him have been making him restless and tired all of the time as well as having the tournament on his shoulders.

I know how he felt though for I had been having similar dreams and ever since the moment Harry's name was pulled from the goblet I have been uneasy ever since like I just knew that this tournament was no longer a game but something more, I could feel it, I don't know how but I just knew. " Harry, tell me again" Hermione says waking Harry up from his nap "Come seek us where our voices sound" he sighs heavily slightly banging his chin on the opened page book "The Black Lake. That's obvious" she walks near Ron and shoves him awake and then handing him the egg to hold "An hour long you'll have to look" Harry continues to recite "Well that obviously estimates how long the competitors have" "Though, admittedly, potentially problematic" Hermione adds on from my words stopping beside me and leaning on the desk.

Harry shots his head up slightly and looks at her as if he doesn't know that already "Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?" "Harry, calm down" I try soothing him as he places his chin back on the book "Well Caitlin, you should know something. I mean aren't you one of the judges for these games?" Ron asks as he tosses the egg in his hand and looks at me "I am and if I knew anything I'd tell you's but I honestly don't. Whatever it is they've got planned I'm being kept out of the loop. Even Grandpa won't tell me anything" "So you have no idea?" "None. But don't worry-" I place a hand on Harry's shoulder "-the four of us will figure this out"

"Hate to break up the skull session" someone says clearing there throats. We look over to see that it's Mad Eye "Professor McGongall would like to see you in her office" Harry begins make a move but Moody stops him before he can even lift off the seat "Not you, Potter, just Weasley, Granger and Reynolds" Just us and not Harry? I wonder why? "But, sir, the second task is only a few hours away-" "Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared by now...and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now" Moody cuts Hermione "Come on guys, let's just go" I say as I slip off the desk as the four of us look at each other before Hermione, Ron begin to walk past Moody . I quickly turn around to Harry and kiss his cheek "I'll see you later" then I make way past Moody and over to where Hermione and Ron are waiting for me.

"What do you think this could be about?" Ron asks as we reach McGongall's office "I guess were about to find out. Professor McGongall?" I ask as I open the door to see Barty, Grandfather, McGongall, Snape along with a little blonde hair girl I recording to be Fluer's little sister Gabrielle all standing around the desk "Oh Miss Reynolds, Miss Granger, Mr Weasley good you'll all here" McGongall says gesturing for us to come further in "Were not in trouble, are we?" Ron nervously asks "No, Mr Weasley. This is an entirely different matter" Grandfather answers "Professor, If you don't mind me asking what is this about exactly?" Hermione asks as we stand in line with Fluer's sister.