27. Christmas Day

Start from the beginning

   I finished another scoop of the cereal. "Nope, I was going to the bathroom during the ball and they were going back and forth."

     "That's my bro and all but he's been doing some grimy shit"

  "You think"

-
Julian

       The three of us sat in front of the Christmas tree, opening presents

       The three of us sat in front of the Christmas tree, opening presents. There was wrapping paper messily spread out across the floor. In my section were a bunch of brand new shoes, clothes, and new games for the PlayStation. I was beyond grateful but I knew the happiness would end once report cards are sent home.

       Noah sat on the other side of me, playing with his new toy cars. I looked under the tree, passing him another present. He gave me a toothy smile, tearing the paper off. It soon revealed a remote controlled drone, I saved up a bunch of money from allowance to purchase that. He had been talking about so much for the past three months, so I brought it.

     Jumping up, he gave me a big hug. "Thank you! THIS IS LIVE" Noah instantly struggled to get it out the bus. "Best gift of the year"

      I did a mini chant, while Neenan and dad hated from the sofa. "How you gone outside the club? You can't even get in" I mimicked Chris Brown pointing and laughing at the two clowns in front of me. "Run me my money niggas"

       Every year we had a battle on who could buy the best present for Noah. It was a stupid bet that we made up when he was a baby, it stuck ever since. I've been winning for the past two years, so I gotta be doing something right. The two dug in their pockets, each of them passing me fifty dollars in cash. "It was nice doing business"

    Dad bucked at me. "Shut the fuck up before I take all that shit back to the damn store".

      Neenan pointed at him, fanning him off. "Always being a sore loser"

       "I don't know how your not because you lose every year"

     While the two went back and forth, I responded back to 'Merry Christmas' text messages on my phone. Turning my phone back off, I listened to dad explain the plans for today.

        "We're gonna go by and visit your mom, grandparents, and don't you gotta be somewhere with your friends" Dad questioned, pointing towards me. I nodded, thinking of how the night could go. Neenan got excited, bouncing in his seat. "That's great, imma pull up and see Natalie fine ass"

        I scoffed and dad laughed. "Ain't that somebody your brother mess with"

    Neenan shrugged. "He like her but he not shooting that shot. Listen I'm dribbling the ball, finna make that eight-pointer out here"

     Mom: Merry Christmas! Love you! Can't wait to see you later....

      Apart me debating on responding or to just leave her on delivered. To say I've been avoiding her is a understatement, it's so exhausting. I try to push the issues aside because technically it's not my business, it's hard to pretend everything is okay. We visit her every other week and stay with her on weekends. She'll talk about anything else but never wants to admit that dirt she did behind our backs. Every time I see her, her stomach gets bigger and bigger on a daily, so it's hard to push everything behind.

     Sitting the phone flat on the table, the doorbell rung. "I'll get it" I shouted , stopping my dad from pushing himself off the couch. Opening the door, Laura stood on the other side, pulling my arm outside the door. "You've been on my mind a lot lately and not relationship wise."

I stared at her confused, thinking what could be important that you'd tell me on Christmas. Observing her face, I noticed tiny changes, her nose was wider than usual, in the waist area there was a mini bulge, and her face wasn't as slim. Losing the color in my face, I gripped tightly on the knob, to keep myself from falling over. That ego waffle from earlier threatening to come up on this concrete. "I'm pregnant and it's either yours or Brent"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I scratched my head, turning around.

This bitch didn't just say Brent, not the Brent on my team... it better be another fucking Brent in that school building.

Not my bro? Not the nigga I consider my fucking brother? It damn sure can't be him

"Brent as in my teammate" I asked calmly, catching her off guard. "How could you even look me in the face without feeling guilty"

This whole thing was sickening, she couldn't even look me in the eye. Every week, I learn some new information that makes me thankful for ending the relationship. I'm officially sure that this girl never cared about me from the start, it was all act for social media. "D-Don't even answer the damn question." I held up my hand. "How far along are you"

She sniffles into her jacket. "Three months but how do you feel about a abortion"

Throwing my hands in the air, I grabbed the bridge of my nose. I could see her flinching from the corner of my eye. Talking a step closer, I looked at the face that once thought I loved, but couldn't stand to look her way. "Doesn't even matter what I think, I'm not even sure the baby is fucking mine"

"Honestly, you do whatever the fuck is best for you. Your really gonna abort your baby though"

I wasn't a fan of abortion unless you had a legit reason for the action. She has a stable home financially, welcoming parents who support her in anything, so there's really no excuse. "I don't wanna have a kid this young, Julian. Think about cheerleading, my school career, I can't do that with a baby in my damn stomach. I'm gonna look like a whale on prom, omg"

"Does Brent want you to have an abortion" instead of verbally responded, she just nodded. "Mmm, me and him gonna have a talk" I said mushing my fist together, the gathering would be a perfect place to do it.

     "Please don't tell him that I told you, you werent suppose to find out"

      "I didn't deserve to know that both my ex-girlfriend and friend stabbed me in the back, multiple times during our relationship" I laughed, trying to keep calm. "That's crazy"