The Padawan//30

"How did you find me?"

I ignore his question and step closer. He backs away and concentrates his hand harder toward me. I take a big step in front of him and smack his hand away. His arm flings away and he looks up at me with big eyes and an open mouth, his chest rises nervously over and over. Damn him, it had to be him. Of all the people that I could have found. It had to be Cheeb. Cheeb... there is no Tosche.

"I didn't use the force. I swear I never did I promise." he shakes his head crazy and I can tell just by looking at him, his eyes burn.

"Cheeb, you," I swallow my emotion best I can, but I still feel my voice waver. "I told you to find a good place to hide."

"Please don't kill me." Cheeb takes a small step back and I prepare myself in case he decides to run.

Why would I kill him... Snokes request comes back to mind. how could I forget? I... I have to kill him. I look up at Cheeb and he intakes a breath and leans in a little more on the foot that is behind him. Cheebs scared eyes look into mine and the longer we stare, the more I realize, either way, Snoke or not, I have to kill him. I can't risk Cheeb being alive. If I let him live he will know I'm not real, that this is all a bluff. He's too dangerous to be left alive.

"I" I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it.

I am about to say more when Cheeb pulls through on his actions and runs opposite of me. He, of course, doesn't get far before I grab his wrist and pull him back to me. He manages to rip his hand away and starts to run again. I grab his arm this time and pull so hard he stumbles and falls back into me.

"Please, Ben. I don't want to die."

He struggles and kicks his legs around and it makes it harder to keep my now two-arm grasp on him.

"Cheeb, stop!" I lift him and turn around to hopefully make him lose his way. Even with sleeves, my arms start to glow with pain as his fingernails start digging into me, begging me to let him go. Soon enough, I feel the rain on my hair and face as my hood has come off. "I said stop!"

"Let me go."

His nails become too much and I only loosen for a second. That's enough time for him to break free and drop to his knees. I grab him before he can get to his feet and he turns around screaming in anger. Pain, like I've never felt, deepens and vibrates in my eye as he slashes his fingers down my face. I fall down onto my hands and knees and face the cold ground. I close it and then open. As it opens, millions of tingles claw at my eye. I feel blind, as I try to see out of it. The pain becomes too great and I close it. It's still not enough so I plaster my hand to my face trying in some way to close it tighter. Nothing works, It hurts, everything hurts. I look up with my one eye, surprised to see that Cheeb hasn't run away yet. As soon as I look up, he jerks his head up and backs away, almost like he was checking on me.

"I'm sorry, are you okay? I didn't mean to." Cheeb reaches down toward my eye and I take this opportunity to grab his arm and pull myself up. With my free arm, I push him up against the stone wall by his neck. His hands reach up to my arm, and despite his best efforts, he can't break free. He screams in frustration and grits his teeth and he wiggles beneath my strength. He finally stops squirming once I speak.

"Why are you telling people you know where Luke is?"

He swallows and stares at me for a couple of seconds before answering. "It was for my parents it was for Cru and Rohin." I push down harder on his neck making him cough. "I swear. I saw that people are looking for Luke. I don't know where he is, but I thought that, if I told people I did, they would offer me riches."