He Is//4

After putting back on the mask Hux led me back to the room we were in before, and pointed to the seat like he was commanding me to sit or something.

"Me?" I point to myself.

"Are you going to make a habit of that Ren? We're the only two people in this room. So yes you, that was meant for you." He continues to look down at a touch pad with his back turned to me as he points to the seat again.

"Sorry Master." I hear him scoff and he shakes his head as I sit down and smile under the mask. "If it's just us, do I have to wear this?" I hate the way this thing makes my voice sound.

He looks at me like I'm some kind of hard equation. "What?"

"It's just us, you have seen my face before."

"Darth Vader rarely took off his mask." He continues to tap away and I wonder why I'm asking permission. He did say that he wasn't in charge of me, he admitted that himself. It's not like he's going to give me a real answer anyway so I might as well.

I take it off and set it down and he looks at me out of the corner of his eye. It's hard to read his expression.

"What?" I scoot my chair closer to him and he moves over a little.

"I could ask you the same thing." He walks to the corner of the room and drags a chair over to where I am and sets it across from me, looking at his touch pad the whole time. "Here." He finally looks away when he hands it to me.

I stare down at an unfamiliar system and then look up at him. He looks at me with his soft mossy eyes and a flour face. He is like a prince. He stood up so straight and it made me feel very different, the way I am slouching over now, looking at his touch pad.

I look back up at him. "What about it?"

"I hope you're joking." He smiles but it's out of concern.

"I don't know what you're trying to say." I shrug and look up because of how dangerous his glare was starting to get.

"We can start by looking here. Start here." He points to the touch pad that is still in my hands. "To look for a map to Skywalker."

"Oh." I nod slowly and act like I knew what he meant the whole time. "You're right."

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

I shrug and smile at him for an answer but he instead squints his eyes like he is having a hard time understanding English and then takes the touch pad out of my hands.

"We could send a bounty hunter and a troop down to those planets and if they find anything, you and I would go down there ourselves and inspect it."

I nod again slowly and look around the room.

"Are you listening?" I look at him to find his swampy green eyes stabbing me.

"Yes. I am." I look at him and clear my throat. "I'm listening."

"Well it certainly doesn't seem that way." He seems annoyed as he looks back down at the touch pad and and starts zooming in on a certain planet. He puts his elbow on his thigh and rests his chin in his hand, slightly slouching forward. It's a sight because I haven't yet seen this uptight General be in any other position then a pole. He tilts his head observing the screen and I find it cute. I look at his hair that is now very visible and admire its perfect shape. I wonder how he even does it. It's so perfect that I want to reach out and mess it up.

"Do you do your own hair, Hux?"

He looks up at me with his hand slowly descending off his cheek and looks surprised. "Yes... I do my own hair." He looks back down and falls back into his past resting position of chin in hand.