Slip//23

After waiting in Sunsets room and counting to thirty, I walk to the throne room. When the door opens I see Armitage kneeled down holding his hat in front of him. Snoke grins crookedly as I kneel down in front of him next to the General and bow my head. I don't even look at Armitage, as I don't want to risk it. I'm not afraid, per say, I don't know what I am.

"Rise." Snokes unpredictable and evil grin is very evident in that one word.

I stand up and look up at Snoke. These are the only moments I'm grateful for the mask. He can see inside my mind, but my face gives everything away. I can't chance letting him see my face for a long time.

"General Hux, I am quite pleased with your squad of stormtroopers for finding something so early in the quest. You will reward them as deserved?" Snoke leans over on one elbow facing Armitage more.

"Yes Supreme Leader." Armitage nods and smiles nervously. Stop being scared. I have never seen him this scared.

He looks at me for a few seconds, only to see my mask. A huge glare with wide eyes lies beneath the metal. I'm sure he senses it because he looks away immediately, his eyes travel everywhere but mine. It's risky to say something to him through the force while Snoke is right in front of us. Then again, if I did, our bond would be stronger and more powerful if it's good enough to communicate in front of Snoke. I would do it, but the chance of Snoke sensing it is too great.

"Trust in the force, Ben."

I lose my breath and look at Snoke. He seems confused that I suddenly look up at him and he glares at me.

"What?" Snoke spits.

"Nothing..." I hesitate. Who said that? "I'm just waiting for you to speak again."

Snoke practically growls as he studies me. "Are you in a rush, Ren?"

"No. No rush. I'm sorry Supreme Leader."

"You disappoint me. Over and over."

"Yes Supreme Leader." I look down and bite my lip hard. Why do I mess up all the time?

"Trust in the force, Ben."

I look slightly up again, but not at Snoke. There is no way that is Luke. It's obviously not Snoke... I look at Armitage and he glares at me. He raises his eyebrows quickly as if he's trying to get my attention. Was he? No. He wouldn't take a risk like that. The curiosity becomes too strong and I decide to say something to him.

"Was that you?" I ask.

"Don't act all surprised." I hear it as Armitage more clearly now.

I can't help but smile. It's quickly interrupted by Snoke.

"How long is this mission going to take?" Snoke looks at us skeptically and I try to focus on the force. He probably senses something in the room, so I start to ignore Armitage.

"It will take three days to get there, we plan on staying for two days. Two days so we can make sure the message is legitimate and to establish the First Orders presence. Then three days to get back. So eight days in total." Armitage nods and then looks at me. He is probably wondering why I'm blocking him out. Hopefully he'll get the hint.

"Good, Good." Snoke nods. "Now I want both of you to listen." Snoke looks at us.

Both Armitage and I look up at him. I let down my shields and decide to speak to Sunset. He probably needs it.

"Trust in the force, Armitage. It will guide and protect." I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I know." He replies, earning happiness from me.