Perfect To Me//26

Thanks starwarsfan20 for the spam, appreciate it.

I quickly wipe my eyes again and try and make it look like I wasn't crying. I don't think I'm in any place to explain myself right now. I get up off of the floor and wipe my clothes off. Even though the spacecraft is completely spotless. I look around for somewhere to be. Anywhere. I groan in anger, I don't even know what to do with myself. After turning a full three hundred sixty degrees, I walk in the pilot area and sit down in the main seat. I lay my head back and close my eyes and exhale a sigh of relief. A few seconds pass before I realize what just happened.

I drag my hands down my face and let out an annoyed moan. I don't know why I freaked out. It was just an alarm. He needs to get ready first. It's not like he's just going to bust out of the room right after his alarm goes off. I roll my eyes at my very own behavior. I sit up and turn around, looking out of the pit to see if Slip has come out of his room. He will have to report to Armitage so he should probably come out. Despite me being mad at Slip, I convince myself to get him. He has a good thirty minutes before his general comes out, but depending on what Slip has been doing for the past few hours he might need time.

I walk to his room expecting to see him asleep because of how quiet he's been. Instead of knocking I just walk through the door. I find Slip kneeled down on the floor his hands clasped together with his eyes closed. He was whispering something before I came in and I scared him.

"Kylo, did you need something?" He gets up but doesn't walk towards me.

"No, I was just coming in to make sure you weren't asleep. I am trying to help you not mess up your responsibilities as a stormtrooper more than you already have." I tell him to come to me with my hands.

"Thanks." He smiles and walks past me out his door.

"What were you just doing?" I ask.

Without turning he answers, "I was praying."

"Praying?" I ask

He turns around, "Yes, asking the Maker to help me on Gaff and asking for other things."

I just stand there staring at him. How would he even know of a higher power? It's not like there is any education about it being taught to him. I shake my head and walk away from him back to where I was sitting. I turn around again and peek out to see what Slip was doing. He just sits down and rests in his hands. He sighs out and just stares ahead. He taps his feet around and then leans back letting our another long breath.

I shake my head and turn back around. I can't help but smile though, he's practically a child. I stare at the stars morphing in front of me. Stretching and speeding. Poe always said this was his favorite part of going fast. The stretched out stars. He is probably a really good pilot by now. My mother is a good motivator and knowing them, they are probably spending every second they can together. Sometimes I wish I never would have left. I wish I never would have said yes to Luke. This is hard, being here.

I am broke from my thought as soon as I hear Sunset open his door. I sit up straight and continue to face the stars. I hear Slip get up and walk towards him.

"Good morning, 2003." I hear Armitage say.

"Good morning, General." The smile is heard in his voice. Of course he's smiling. He's always happy.

"Is the technology in your room working, did you get your announcements?" Armitages accent seeming delicate

"Yes, they were nice and loud." Slip replies.

I shake my head, 'nice and loud?' What?

"Good morning."

I look up at Sunset walking in where I'm sitting. I just smile at him and he sits down.