Self betrayl//24

"You have done well my young apprentice. Your loyalty continues to surpass my beliefs. You will be a great leader like myself with more training." Snoke looks down on me, suspicious almost.

I struggle to open my lungs enough to even breathe. I haven't even been officially here in this evil place for more than a day. Already, I want to speak to Luke. He would be disappointed that I feel so helpless this early into the mission. At least Snoke is fooled by my 'loyalty'... for now. I just nod at what he says in fear of replying with the wrong thing.

"Since you have proved your loyalty so well." Snoke smiles at the words. It's almost like he bathes in the screaming of my mind while he shudders in delight. He finds complete satisfaction in the deaths of all my Jedi peers that never actually happened. "We are of course going to make you feel like you belong. You are part of the First Order now, Knight Of Ren."

"Thank you Master." The way the words come out of my mouth is like a mind dagger. Thousands of voices rising in volume, telling me I'm doing this wrong. "To be apart of something like this, as powerful as this, is more than any Jedi could hope for." I can hear my mother gasp in my mind. I hate that nobody knows the truth. Nobody. Only Luke and I. Nobody.

"I would like you to meet someone. You can expect to be with him everyday because of how closely your roles are. Just like you, his loyalty is unwavering and he makes a great leader."

It's funny that all the loyalty Snoke is sensing isn't for him. It's almost a joke that one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy can't discern himself from Luke in my mind. My simple mind.

"Who is he?" I ask.

"His name is General Hux. He is arriving soon."

Almost as if he heard him through the door, the so called Hux walks in. His stature is straight and everything about him drips confidence. His ember hair warms my soul and makes me excited. I want him to get closer and my already growing attraction to the stranger scares me. As he gets closer I can make out his pale features and shaped lips. He looks delicately strong. His uniform is like the other ranking officers on the base but more. He seems more important than the rest.

Once he reaches where I'm standing, he doesn't even bother looking at me. I can't take my eyes off him, and to him, I'm just an invisible being. He kneels down and removes the hat he is wearing.

"Supreme Leader. You wished to see me?" His voice is the type of thing that would send my eyes rolling to the back of my head because of the sweet noise in my ears. I keep my form though, being in front of Snoke. It's hard to contain myself, but even that small sentence he just said has my heart running around my body like it's being chased.

"Yes." Snoke allows him to rise. "This is the boy I told you about."  Snoke gestures to me.

I don't have enough time to prepare myself before the emerald eyes belonging to the ginger point in my direction. Making eye contact for less than a second is still enough for me. My heart begs for this to stop so I can breathe again. I feel self conscious as his dark eyes travel up and down my body. The clothes I'm wearing are very new to me and I feel most uncomfortable in the unfamiliar feeling they give me. I'm afraid that shows and I try to not look so obvious. After being underneath the heat of his stare he looks into my eyes. He tilts his head, as if he discovered something in my irises. I feel strange because he is completely unreadable to me. I can feel the walls he has built around his mind and aura over time.

"Ah," Hux speaks again, making me want to close my eyes and bathe in his accent. "The Jedi." He smirks for some reason.

Just to sell it, I retort back quickly. "I am no Jedi." I say it almost angrily, like I'm trying to convince myself more than the others. I want him to feel as intimidated as I am right now. It's not fair that he can have me dying on the inside, just by his eyes and voice. I don't think my anger works at all though because Hux smiles and softens his face completely. It's like he isn't phased by me at all.